From: Mike Williams on
I'm also getting this on Windows 7 (RTM build 7600)

I've tried 9from admin prompt):
regsvr32 jscript
regsvr32 vbscript
regsvr32 /i mshtml
resvr32 msxml3

all succeeded except the last, which couldn't find a DLLRegisterServer entry
point
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Unless and until MS makes Win7-specific newsgroups available, you'll have
seek support in the appropriate forum here:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

From: Mike Williams on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Unless and until MS makes Win7-specific newsgroups available, you'll have
> seek support in the appropriate forum here:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

That's ridiculous. This is a Windows Update specific, and Windows version
neutral newsgroup. The problem spans many versions of Windows.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Mike Williams wrote:
<paste>
>> I'm also getting this on Windows 7 (RTM build 7600)
>>
>> I've tried 9from admin prompt):
>> regsvr32 jscript
>> regsvr32 vbscript
>> regsvr32 /i mshtml
>> resvr32 msxml3
>>
>> all succeeded except the last, which couldn't find a DLLRegisterServer
>> entry point
</paste>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Unless and until MS makes Win7-specific newsgroups available, you'll have
>> seek support in the appropriate forum here:
>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/
>
> That's ridiculous. This is a Windows Update specific, and Windows version
> neutral newsgroup. The problem spans many versions of Windows.

I hear you but you'll have to take that up with MS. (No one here works for
or represents MS.) That being said...

Did you ever own a Vista computer and could you reach/use
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com??

Can you run Windows Update manually in Win7 via Start | enter "Update" in
the Search box | click on Windows Update?

How about Control Panel | System and Security | Windows Updates | Check for
updates?

How can I tell if my [Win7] computer is up to date?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/How-can-I-tell-if-my-computer-is-up-to-date

Windows 7 features - Windows Update
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-update
--
~PA Bear
"When all else fails, RTFM."

From: MowGreen on
Mike,

Windows 7 doesn't open IE and go to any update sites.
Are you referring to the Windows Update applet in Control Panel ?
Open an Elevated Command Prompt { Click the Start orb, enter
cmd in the Search programs and files field.
Under Programs, *right* click cmd.exe and choose 'Run as administrator'
Follow the UAC prompts to allow Command Prompt to run Elevated )
At the prompt type in the below exactly as written and press Enter

winmgmt /verifyrepository

If the " WMI repository is consistent" message appears, then the issue
does not lie with WMI.
If the WMI repository is reported as inconsistent, then run the
following command

winmgmt /resetrepository

The above will reset WMI to the initial state when the OS was first
installed.
Type exit to close the Elevated Command Prompt; reboot if prompted to.

> resvr32 msxml3

You mistyped that, correct ? It should be

regsvr32 msxml3

And, that's an l not a one, after the second m.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *not* have *non-security content* prechecked"