From: FromTheRafters on
"JClark" <jclark(a)nomail.invalid> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:46:17 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
> <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>>"JClark" <jclark(a)nomail.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Thanks. As I suspected. I will post a query in the regular WinXP
>>> group
>>> soliciting some more details about this particular bit of
>>> computerese,
>>> so that I may be able to convice my son that this isn't serious or a
>>> threat.
>>
>>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390431(VS.85).aspx
>>
> Thanks again for the additional information. Will reassure my son.

Who would have thought an entry like HiPerfCooker_v1 would be legit?

Just goes to show that judging badware by 'names' alone can be
problematic. Unless one is an expert, it is better to use malware
detectors than it is to just peruse for suspicious looking names.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: GMER and aujasnkj.sys?
Next: python - confusing advice