From: JClark on
Hello Group,

I posted details about my son's virus worries on August 25:
c3l7951gr0vcod4mc414nmvc9asumtcm97(a)4ax.com

Without repeating the system details and my efforts to clean up the
computer, here's what he's mostly worried about. He sees warnings in
the event viewer/application in roughly this form:

A provider, [various things: RSOP, hi-perf cooker, etc] has been
registered in the WMI namespace, [various locations], to use the
LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may
cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user
requests.

http://support.microsoft.com.

Is this anything to be worried about? How to check into it further? I
think he's worried about the use of the term "impersonate".

Many thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Jack
From: FromTheRafters on

"JClark" <jclark(a)nomail.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello Group,
>
> I posted details about my son's virus worries on August 25:
> c3l7951gr0vcod4mc414nmvc9asumtcm97(a)4ax.com
>
> Without repeating the system details and my efforts to clean up the
> computer, here's what he's mostly worried about. He sees warnings in
> the event viewer/application in roughly this form:
>
> A provider, [various things: RSOP, hi-perf cooker, etc] has been
> registered in the WMI namespace, [various locations], to use the
> LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may
> cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user
> requests.

> http://support.microsoft.com.

> Is this anything to be worried about? How to check into it further? I
> think he's worried about the use of the term "impersonate".

It is a normal computerese term.

From: JClark on
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 22:14:31 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
<erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>"JClark" <jclark(a)nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Hello Group,
>>
>> I posted details about my son's virus worries on August 25:
>> c3l7951gr0vcod4mc414nmvc9asumtcm97(a)4ax.com
>>
>> Without repeating the system details and my efforts to clean up the
>> computer, here's what he's mostly worried about. He sees warnings in
>> the event viewer/application in roughly this form:
>>
>> A provider, [various things: RSOP, hi-perf cooker, etc] has been
>> registered in the WMI namespace, [various locations], to use the
>> LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may
>> cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user
>> requests.

>> http://support.microsoft.com.
>>
>> ***************************************************************************
>>
>> Is this anything to be worried about? How to check into it further? I
>> think he's worried about the use of the term "impersonate".
>
>It is a normal computerese term.

Thanks. As I suspected. I will post a query in the regular WinXP group
soliciting some more details about this particular bit of computerese,
so that I may be able to convice my son that this isn't serious or a
threat.

Jack
From: FromTheRafters on

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390431(VS.85).aspx

From: JClark on
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:46:17 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
<erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>"JClark" <jclark(a)nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 22:14:31 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
>> <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>

>>>"JClark" <jclark(a)nomail.invalid> wrote in message

>>>It is a normal computerese term.
>>>

>> Thanks. As I suspected. I will post a query in the regular WinXP group
>> soliciting some more details about this particular bit of computerese,
>> so that I may be able to convice my son that this isn't serious or a
>> threat.
>
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390431(VS.85).aspx

Thanks again for the additional information. Will reassure my son.

Jack
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: GMER and aujasnkj.sys?