From: TheBicyclingGuitarist on

added: I just found out the problem only shows when my page zoom was
at 125%. I don't remember changing the zoom, but when I changed it
back to normal view zoom the probem disappeared. It's still a mystery
to me why the one row at 125% zoom had white space to the left and the
div over to the right instead over to the left... Any ideas on why
still welcome.
From: Bill Braun on
TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:
> added: I just found out the problem only shows when my page zoom was
> at 125%. I don't remember changing the zoom, but when I changed it
> back to normal view zoom the probem disappeared. It's still a mystery
> to me why the one row at 125% zoom had white space to the left and the
> div over to the right instead over to the left... Any ideas on why
> still welcome.

This might be a reach...the div class for the "Online
Glossary for Urban Social Geography, an introduction" is
"thumbleft-fudge". All the others are "thumbleft". I have
not looked at the CSS; might that be affecting subsequent divs?

Bill B
From: williamc on
On 5/6/2010 12:11 PM, Bill Braun wrote:
> TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:
>> added: I just found out the problem only shows when my page zoom was
>> at 125%. I don't remember changing the zoom, but when I changed it
>> back to normal view zoom the probem disappeared. It's still a mystery
>> to me why the one row at 125% zoom had white space to the left and the
>> div over to the right instead over to the left... Any ideas on why
>> still welcome.
>
> This might be a reach...the div class for the "Online Glossary for Urban
> Social Geography, an introduction" is "thumbleft-fudge". All the others
> are "thumbleft". I have not looked at the CSS; might that be affecting
> subsequent divs?
>
> Bill B

Yes. I think it's "catching" on Geography, which has a height. You could
add a border and check it. I see this even in FF at certain widths.
From: TheBicyclingGuitarist on
On May 6, 9:39 am, williamc <n...(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
> On 5/6/2010 12:11 PM, Bill Braun wrote:
>
> > TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:
> >> added: I just found out the problem only shows when my page zoom was
> >> at 125%. I don't remember changing the zoom, but when I changed it
> >> back to normal view zoom the probem disappeared. It's still a mystery
> >> to me why the one row at 125% zoom had white space to the left and the
> >> div over to the right instead over to the left... Any ideas on why
> >> still welcome.
>
> > This might be a reach...the div class for the "Online Glossary for Urban
> > Social Geography, an introduction" is "thumbleft-fudge". All the others
> > are "thumbleft". I have not looked at the CSS; might that be affecting
> > subsequent divs?
>
> > Bill B
>
> Yes. I think it's "catching" on Geography, which has a height. You could
> add a border and check it. I see this even in FF at certain widths.

The dimensions in pixels for thumbleft and thumbleft-fudge are the
same, but I added padding to the "fudge" one to adjust for the smaller
size of the graphic used....I think maybe I'll redo that into an image
with built-in padding to get rid of the need for a "fudge." Thanks
folks!
From: Bill Braun on
TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:
> On May 6, 9:39 am, williamc <n...(a)nowhere.net> wrote:

>>> This might be a reach...the div class for the "Online Glossary for Urban
>>> Social Geography, an introduction" is "thumbleft-fudge". All the others
>>> are "thumbleft". I have not looked at the CSS; might that be affecting
>>> subsequent divs?
>>> Bill B
>> Yes. I think it's "catching" on Geography, which has a height. You could
>> add a border and check it. I see this even in FF at certain widths.
>
> The dimensions in pixels for thumbleft and thumbleft-fudge are the
> same, but I added padding to the "fudge" one to adjust for the smaller
> size of the graphic used....I think maybe I'll redo that into an image
> with built-in padding to get rid of the need for a "fudge." Thanks
> folks!

In my small experience I've found that keeping images the
same size, especially on a page such as yours, prevents a
number of pesky problems. I use IRFANVIEW, which has the
ability to fine tune the dimensions of images.

Bill B
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Tabs Using CSS1