From: msnews.microsoft.com on
windows xp sp3 64 bit os. current with MS updates. stand alone, not in
an AD domain.

trying to open a .rtf document that only has a print screen of a config
information screen capture ( ALT-prntscrn).

get pop up window -
Windows Security Warning

This document contains code that your security settings do not
allow, so it might not display correctly.

Should I open this document?

When I click on OK, I only get blank screen.

********** Questions - *************

What security settings? Where are they located?
Is this UAC ? or is this local security policy? or what?

How does one disable this ?

Thanks In Advance.

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"msnews.microsoft.com" <not_valid2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> windows xp sp3 64 bit os. current with MS updates. stand alone,
> not in an AD domain.
>
> trying to open a .rtf document that only has a print screen of a
> config information screen capture ( ALT-prntscrn).
>
> get pop up window -
> Windows Security Warning
>
> This document contains code that your security settings do not
> allow, so it might not display correctly.
>
> Should I open this document?
>
> When I click on OK, I only get blank screen.
>
> ********** Questions - *************
>
> What security settings? Where are they located?
> Is this UAC ? or is this local security policy? or what?
>
> How does one disable this ?

Have you tried opening it in paint?

From: Allan on

"msnews.microsoft.com" <not_valid2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> windows xp sp3 64 bit os. current with MS updates. stand alone, not
> in an AD domain.
>
> trying to open a .rtf document that only has a print screen of a config
> information screen capture ( ALT-prntscrn).
>
> get pop up window -
> Windows Security Warning
>
> This document contains code that your security settings do not
> allow, so it might not display correctly.
>
> Should I open this document?
>
> When I click on OK, I only get blank screen.

> What security settings? Where are they located?
> Is this UAC ? or is this local security policy? or what?
>
> How does one disable this ?
Have you tried using MS Word or Word Viewer to open this file? MS Office
Word Viewer 2003 is a free download. I know that Wordpad is supposed to be
able to open .rtf files but its security checks may be different from MS
Office 2003 programs.