From: Guy Peleg on
Oracle 10.2.0.4 on HPUX....

I played with DBMS_WORKLOAD_CAPTURE.START_CAPTURE and in one minute
captured
around 100MB worth of data. Then I created a filter using ADD_FILTER
and tried capturing workload
information for only one schema. That did not seem to work as only
50KB worth of data been
collected and the capture report confirms that only one SQL statement
been captured (AWR for same
period shows more than a million statements been executed).

So...I deleted the filter and all existing capture data and workload
capture still does not work, typically only
10KB - 50KB are being captured, still excluding the main DB schema
(which was once
included in the filter), even though no filter exists.

select * from dba_workload_filters returns no rows.

Any idea what is going on? This is production database so restarting
it is out of the question.

Thanks for any hint.

Guy
From: Guy Peleg on
On Apr 8, 6:49 pm, Guy Peleg <makleeengineer...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Oracle 10.2.0.4 on HPUX....
>
> I played with  DBMS_WORKLOAD_CAPTURE.START_CAPTURE and in one minute
> captured
> around 100MB worth of data. Then I created a filter using ADD_FILTER
> and tried capturing workload
> information for only one schema. That did not seem to work as only
> 50KB worth of data been
> collected and the capture report confirms that only one SQL statement
> been captured (AWR for same
> period shows more than a million statements been executed).
>
> So...I deleted the filter and all existing capture data and workload
> capture still does not work, typically only
> 10KB - 50KB are being captured, still excluding the main DB schema
> (which was once
> included in the filter), even though no filter exists.
>
> select * from dba_workload_filters returns no rows.
>
> Any idea what is going on? This is production database so restarting
> it is out of the question.
>
> Thanks for any hint.
>
> Guy

Bouncing the instance fixed the problem.

Guy