From: Barbara Duprey on
Beatrice Pogin wrote:
> would like to download open office, as i can't write/print/letters out ton people from what i have on my computer. am not knowledgeable about downloading , oftentimes get it mixed up. if possible can you give more instructions?
>
> bpogin.

It's really pretty straightforward from the home page of
www.openoffice.org, but there are more comprehensive instructions here:
download.openoffice.org/common/instructions.html

After you do the download (it's going to take a while even on
broadband), double-click on the downloaded file and follow the
instructions in the dialogs.

Hope this helps, and welcome to OOo! For support with general questions
about using it, the best place to ask is the "users" mailing list,
users(a)openoffice.org.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org