From: Christoph Hellwig on
What happened to this series? Getting the trace events in will
defintively help with tuning the writeback code, and we'll also need
the nr_to_write issue fixed some way.

From: Dave Chinner on
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:05:04AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> What happened to this series? Getting the trace events in will
> defintively help with tuning the writeback code, and we'll also need
> the nr_to_write issue fixed some way.

I've been snowed under trying to get several different things done
all at the same time, so this has slipped. I'm trying to get back to
it early next week. The nr_to_pages fix is badly needed, as that
causes severe fragmentation in XFS for the exact workloads it fixes
the severe fragmentation in ext4....

Cheers,

Dave.
--