From: Miki on
hi all,

I'm working on an astronomy software that I want to use in night mode, eg.
the full UI should be red and black. Most of the code is ready but I'm stuck
with the colors.
I would really appreciate any pointers how to achive this. What I really
need is a way to change the color of my common controls like buttons,
statics and combo boxes.
I use the Win32 API with plain old C.

thanks in advance,
Miki

From: Miki on

"Miki" <nospam(a)no.hu> wrote in message

> I'm working on an astronomy software that I want to use in night mode, eg.
> the full UI should be red and black. Most of the code is ready but I'm
> stuck with the colors.

hi all,

I have managed to make my UI full red & black using SetSystemColors (it is a
full screen app, so it does not interfere with other windows while changing
the system-wide color scheme).
The only problematic item is a scrollbar for my combo box. Whatever system
color I change it remains with the default Windows colors. According to msdn
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724371%28VS.85%29.aspx) I should
use COLOR_SCROLLBAR, but it doesnt work for me. Any ideas are welcome.

br,
Miki

From: patrick on
> "Miki" <nospam(a)no.hu> wrote in message

> The only problematic item is a scrollbar for my combo box. Whatever system
> color I change it remains with the default Windows colors. According to msdn
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724371%28VS.85%29.aspx) I should
> use COLOR_SCROLLBAR, but it doesnt work for me. Any ideas are welcome.

COLOR_SCROLLBAR seems to need a reboot (after it has been updated,
it's displayed in "display properties")