From: gustavo halperin on
Hello

I'm using PostgreSQL with wxDb classes. But I don't know how to define
the columns in the method wxDbTable::SetColDefs. In PostgreSQL I define
the table in the next form:

CREATE TABLE sal_emp (
name text,
schedule text[]
);

.. so any idea how to define the variable schedule ???

Thank you in advance,
Gustavo

--
||\ // \
| \\ // |
I'm thinking. \ \\ l\\l_ // |
_ _ | \\/ `/ `.| |
/~\\ \ //~\ | Y | | || Y |
| \\ \ // | | \| | |\ / |
[ || || ] \ | o|o | > /
] Y || || Y [ \___\_--_ /_/__/
| \_|l,------.l|_/ | /.-\(____) /--.\
| >' `< | `--(______)----'
\ (/~`--____--'~\) / U// U / \
`-_>-__________-<_-' / \ / /|
/(_#(__)#_)\ ( .) / / ]
\___/__\___/ `.`' / [
/__`--'__\ |`-' |
/\(__,>-~~ __) | |__
/\//\\( `--~~ ) _l |--:.
'\/ <^\ /^> | ` ( < \\
_\ >-__-< /_ ,-\ ,-~~->. \ `:.___,/
(___\ /___) (____/ (____) `---'

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Thomas Zehbe on
Hi,

I believe that there is no native SQL_C_type to support arrays. A quick look
in the convert.c of the psqlodbc driver doesn't give any hints that arrays
are supported by odbc. Maybe you can can use a long enough wxChar
schedule[2048] and define a
SetColDefs (idx++, wxT("schedule"), DB_DATA_TYPE_VARCHAR, schedule,
SQL_C_WXCHAR, sizeof(schedule),FALSE, TRUE);
to retrieve and insert in text format. Of course you would have to scan the
results yourself.

Another way would be just a way around the problem. Build a second table
instead an array.

Regards,

Thomas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Zehbe
INGENION GmbH

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: gustavo halperin on
thank you,
it is the solution. Then the string is the complete array. I mean if
your array have 3 names, then you get an string equal to
"{name1,name2,name3}". After well we need to parser each sub-string.

Thank you again.
Gustavo

--
||\ // \
| \\ // |
I'm thinking. \ \\ l\\l_ // |
_ _ | \\/ `/ `.| |
/~\\ \ //~\ | Y | | || Y |
| \\ \ // | | \| | |\ / |
[ || || ] \ | o|o | > /
] Y || || Y [ \___\_--_ /_/__/
| \_|l,------.l|_/ | /.-\(____) /--.\
| >' `< | `--(______)----'
\ (/~`--____--'~\) / U// U / \

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org