From: Stephan Rose on
Is it possible to create a text control without a border in wxGTK?

I am working on a property grid for my application, which is doing quite
well, but the border that GTK places around the textbox for editing is a
little annoying. It doesn't really cause any significant problems but
since I already have borders around my cells, it is unnecessary.

I'm not sure what, if anything, I could do about it though since styles
= 0 by default so it's not like I can mask out any styles to get rid of
the border.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Stephan

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Stephan Rose on
On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 01:31 +0200, Stephan Rose wrote:
> Is it possible to create a text control without a border in wxGTK?
>
> I am working on a property grid for my application, which is doing quite
> well, but the border that GTK places around the textbox for editing is a
> little annoying. It doesn't really cause any significant problems but
> since I already have borders around my cells, it is unnecessary.
>
> I'm not sure what, if anything, I could do about it though since styles
> = 0 by default so it's not like I can mask out any styles to get rid of
> the border.
>
> Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated,

Erm...nevermind...I had a stupid moment.

I was looking for a style to remove to get rid of the border.

Instead I just discovered I should be adding wxNO_BORDER :)

From: Robert Roebling on
Stephan Rose wrote:
> Stephan Rose wrote:
> > Is it possible to create a text control without a border in wxGTK?
> >
> > I am working on a property grid for my application, which is doing quite
> > well, but the border that GTK places around the textbox for editing is a
> > little annoying. It doesn't really cause any significant problems but
> > since I already have borders around my cells, it is unnecessary.
> >
> > I'm not sure what, if anything, I could do about it though since styles
> > = 0 by default so it's not like I can mask out any styles to get rid of
> > the border.
> >
> > Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated,
>

> Erm...nevermind...I had a stupid moment.
>
> I was looking for a style to remove to get rid of the border.
>
> Instead I just discovered I should be adding wxNO_BORDER :)

Which only has affect for revent versions of GTK+,

Robert

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org