From: Franky Braem on
I've got a problem when trying to run wxJS on Ubuntu:

SpiderMonkey (the JavaScript engine) uses 2-bytes (jschar) to represent
a unicode string. wxWidgets uses wchar_t which uses 4-bytes on Linux. Is
there a way to make a conversion from a wxString (encoded in UTF16) to a
jschar?

I don't need this on Windows, because windows also uses 2-bytes for wchar_t.

I know you can build an application with -fshort-wchar but this option
can break compatibility between other applications.

Franky.
From: Vadim Zeitlin on
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:27:53 +0200 Franky Braem <f.braem(a)skynet.be> wrote:

FB> SpiderMonkey (the JavaScript engine) uses 2-bytes (jschar) to represent
FB> a unicode string. wxWidgets uses wchar_t which uses 4-bytes on Linux. Is
FB> there a way to make a conversion from a wxString (encoded in UTF16) to a
FB> jschar?

Yes, use wxMBConvUTF16.

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Milan Babuskov on
Franky Braem wrote:
> SpiderMonkey (the JavaScript engine) uses 2-bytes (jschar) to represent

jschar is UTF-16

> a unicode string. wxWidgets uses wchar_t which uses 4-bytes on Linux. Is
> there a way to make a conversion from a wxString (encoded in UTF16)

UTF-16 is not 4-bytes. 16 stands for 16 bits, i.e. 2 bytes.

> I don't need this on Windows, because windows also uses 2-bytes for
> wchar_t.

It's because Windows API uses UTF-16 for everything.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://njam.sourceforge.net

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Franky Braem on
Milan Babuskov wrote:
> Franky Braem wrote:
>> SpiderMonkey (the JavaScript engine) uses 2-bytes (jschar) to represent
>
> jschar is UTF-16
>
>> a unicode string. wxWidgets uses wchar_t which uses 4-bytes on Linux.
>> Is there a way to make a conversion from a wxString (encoded in UTF16)
>
> UTF-16 is not 4-bytes. 16 stands for 16 bits, i.e. 2 bytes.

I know. But wxString uses wchar_t, which is 4 bytes on Linux, and 2
bytes on Windows.

Pages: 1
Prev: wxSSL
Next: Linking Eorrs Help required