From: "WB Stow" on
Hello all.

I have been searching all day for some method of connecting to a server
using SSL, but I have not been able to find anything that is specifically
compatible with wxWidgets.

I have found some archived messages from back in 2000 referring to something
called wxSSL, but I can find no implementation of it. I am also considering
using OpenSSL or MatrixSSL, but I'm not sure if either of those will be
compatible with a wxWidgets project...

Is there some example of how to do this or any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Wayne Bloss

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Robert Roebling on

> I have found some archived messages from back in 2000 referring to something
> called wxSSL, but I can find no implementation of it. I am also considering
> using OpenSSL or MatrixSSL, but I'm not sure if either of those will be
> compatible with a wxWidgets project...
>
> Is there some example of how to do this or any other suggestions?

I think the "FileZilla" application uses SSL in some way and it surely is
a wxWidgets app. You may want to look at it.

Robert

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: joseph.blough on
wxCURL (http://sf.net/projects/wxcurl) uses the libcurl library which
supports SSL. I just finished writing an internal application that uses
it to verify https links, and it worked very well for that. In the end,
I had to compile 0penSSL, libcurl, and wxCURL 0.25, but the end result
in my applications code was as simple as

wxCurlHTTP http(link);
wxMemoryOutputStream out;
http.SetOpt(CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 30); // 30 second timeout
http.Verbose(true);
bool connected = http.Get(out);

(Although I did have to patch my copy of wxCURL to set the following
default options to ignore certificates.)
http.SetOpt(CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
http.SetOpt(CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 1);

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: "WB Stow" on
Thanks guys, I think that I can see all of my options now.

Wayne Bloss

From: "Casey O'Donnell" on
Sweet! People are still actually using wxCURL. :) I designed it to be pretty
wxWidgets savvy, easy, and extensible.

If you've got any changes/recommendations for changes, let me know. I've got
one patch to add support for WX_WINCE that I haven't done anything with for
a long time.

Casey