From: Eugen Stoianovici on
Where can i find some examples or use cases on wxODBC?
Are there alternatives to it?

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: "Bruno S. Oliveira" on
Hi Eugen.

Which server are you using?

I just tried this with the MySQL and I found it simpler to use
directly the functions in mysql.h. Although I'm a beginner in this
matter. There's also a wxMySQL class (take a look in the wxForum) that
is fine.
In this way you need not to worry about drivers.

Cheers.

--
/**
* Bruno Silva de Oliveira

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: "Iulian-Nicu Serbanoiu" on
See "samples/db" from the source archive.
You need to have unixodbc installed on unix platforms with the appropriate
driver. On windows you need only the driver.

The only alternative I can think of is using the specific database engine
API ( mysql.h - mysql, oci.h (?) - oracle ... and so on ).

If the design of the program takes into account using different database
engines and the fact that it must be adaptable to new engines you should
consider using odbc or any other wrapper ( including building the wrapper
yourself ).

Regards,

Iulian

From: "WB Stow" on
I ran acrossed a project called DatabaseLayer that you might consider. I
haven't used it myself yet, but the status in SourceForge is STABLE:

http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/components/databaselayer/

Wayne Bloss

_____

See "samples/db" from the source archive.
You need to have unixodbc installed on unix platforms with the appropriate
driver. On windows you need only the driver.

The only alternative I can think of is using the specific database engine
API ( mysql.h - mysql, oci.h (?) - oracle ... and so on ).

If the design of the program takes into account using different database
engines and the fact that it must be adaptable to new engines you should
consider using odbc or any other wrapper ( including building the wrapper
yourself ).

Regards,

Iulian

On 10/26/06, Eugen Stoianovici <eugen.stoianovici(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Where can i find some examples or use cases on wxODBC?
Are there alternatives to it?

Pages: 1
Prev: wxScintilla vs wxStEdit
Next: wxSSL