From: "Luca Cappa" on
Hello,

I would like to display some 2d/3d graphs in a wxwidget. What is the
common pratice? I think I could write a widget that uses OpenGL for the
graph rendering, but I hope that there are other possibilities, for
example:
1) what about using a Direct3D to render inside a wxwidget?
2) is it possible (is there any sample) which show how to costruct an
activex control as an wxwidget?

Thanks in advance,
Luca

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Marco Cavallini on
Luca Cappa ha scritto:
> I would like to display some 2d/3d graphs in a wxwidget. What is the
> common pratice? I think I could write a widget that uses OpenGL for the
> graph rendering, but I hope that there are other possibilities, for
> example:
> 1) what about using a Direct3D to render inside a wxwidget?

I can't help here :-(

> 2) is it possible (is there any sample) which show how to costruct an
> activex control as an wxwidget?

IMHO is not a good idea because using an ActiveX object into a wxWidgets
application makes it definitely not portable to other O.S.es.
Create a shared library instead ;-)

--
Marco Cavallini
Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - ITALIA

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: "Luca Cappa" on
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:36:51 +0200, Marco Cavallini <wx1(a)koansoftware.com>
wrote:

> Luca Cappa ha scritto:
>> I would like to display some 2d/3d graphs in a wxwidget. What is the
>> common pratice? I think I could write a widget that uses OpenGL for the
>> graph rendering, but I hope that there are other possibilities, for
>> example:
>> 1) what about using a Direct3D to render inside a wxwidget?
>
> I can't help here :-(

Thanks anyway, if anyone know he will answer for sure :)

>> 2) is it possible (is there any sample) which show how to costruct an
>> activex control as an wxwidget?
>
> IMHO is not a good idea because using an ActiveX object into a wxWidgets
> application makes it definitely not portable to other O.S.es.
> Create a shared library instead ;-)

ok, but portability is not a problem for me. Anyway, i was thinking of
creating an activex object, which contains a wxwidget, not the contrary:
is there any sample?

Thanks again,

From: "k. holwerda" on
Luca Cappa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to display some 2d/3d graphs in a wxwidget. What is the
> common pratice? I think I could write a widget that uses OpenGL for
> the graph rendering, but I hope that there are other possibilities,
> for example:
(wx)VTK can help, it does 3D too.
For 2D only wxArt2D gives you a way to edit the graphs/curves.

Using OpenGl directly for this, is i think not effective. Like drawing
text and such is complicated. Better use some higher level library which
takes care of this. I believe OpenScene is something like that.

In any case OpenGl is good for 3D, but if not using display lists, do
not expect miracles.
If your data changes all the time, speed can be a problem.

Rg,

Klaas

--
Unclassified

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Adib Taraben on
Hello,

I am not shure but Cairo www.cairographics.org might be worth to look at.

HTH,
Adib.
---

Luca Cappa schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to display some 2d/3d graphs in a wxwidget. What is the
> common pratice? I think I could write a widget that uses OpenGL for the
> graph rendering, but I hope that there are other possibilities, for
> example:
> 1) what about using a Direct3D to render inside a wxwidget?
> 2) is it possible (is there any sample) which show how to costruct an
> activex control as an wxwidget?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Luca

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

Pages: 1
Prev: wxTreeCtrl
Next: wxwidgets + opencv