From: datajerk on
Laurent Desnogues provided an updated QEMU for x49gp that I finally
got around to checking in. This also fixes a few problems building on
64-bit OSes. There is a bug somewhere that I have yet to track down,
but if you compile for a 64-bit OS the labels do not appear on the
keys. The hack around this was to provide a hp50g.png file for 64-bit
systems with the keys already printed. If any of you find the bug
please let me know and I'll check it in.

Laurent tested Fedora12. I tested Ubuntu 9.04/9.10 32/64 bits. I
also tested OS/X 10.6.3 (64 bits). OS/X 10.5.x should still work.

I'll try to get a Windows build done this summer. I may create an OS/
X version using a native GTK so that macports is not required.

What is x49gp? x49gp is a 50g emulator that also emulates the ARM
processor. It is the only emulator that can run HPGCC 2 and 3
binaries.

More info:

http://x49gp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x49gp/README.QUICKSTART

From: Andreas Möller on
Hello,

that sounds very promising, especially the windows version ;-)

Any chance that we some an IDE like debug4x with the ability to
directly debug the code together with the emulator ?

Thanks for your efforts,
Andreas
http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de
From: datajerk on
On Apr 25, 1:59 am, Andreas Möller <andreas_moellerNOS...(a)gmx.de>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> that sounds very promising, especially the windows version ;-)
>
> Any chance that we some an IDE like debug4x with the ability to
> directly debug the code together with the emulator ?

Not from me. For Saturn-based debugging I'd use debug4x. For HPGCC2
I'd use HPAPINE with GDB.