From: John on
Issue :
Sparatically when my stand alone model loads the xPC target hangs up at the "Starting" message and does not get to "Running". The xPC execution time never increments and I am forced to physically reboot the PC. I run 6 numerical target scopes that all load, however no characters are ever displayed. This seems to occur more or less frequently dependant on the type of hard drive used to host the file system, however it eventually happens on all configurations.

With standard IDE hard drive this occurs ~ 1:100 loads
When using a Compact Flash to SATA adapter, this occurs ~1:15 loads

Model / Environment:
Runs off from hardware driven interrupts from an FPGA
Current build uses Matlab 2010a (this issue has occurred on all prior versions also)
From: Gordon Weast on
John,

You really should contact tech support about this one. Sporadic
crashes like this are very hard to reproduce without having the
model that fails. Tech support will route this to the member of
our group who knows the most about it.

Gordon Weast
xPC Target Development
The MathWorks