From: ryguy7272 on
I guess I'm not going about this the right way. I'm trying to find the last
used row, based on Column Z, then fill-down, the contents in A and 1 row
above to Z and 1 row above. For instance, if Z17 has data in it, I want to
copy down A16:Z16 into A17:Z17.

Here's the code I'm trying:
Dim dynarow As Long
dynarow = Worksheets("Worksheet").Cells(Rows.Count, "Z").End(xlUp).Row
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("A" & dynarow & ":Z" & dynarow + 1),
Type:=xlFillDefault

I keep getting the following error: 'AutoFill method of range class failed'
I guess the range is not defined properly.

I'm completely open to suggestions as to how to do this.

Thanks!

--
Ryan---
From: JLGWhiz on
Hi Ryan, I deleted the Type:=xlFillDefault and it worked fine.

From: ryguy7272 on
Thanks JLGWhiz. I tried that. Still doesn't work.
Any other ideas? I have some cells with Data Validation and some cells with
formatting applied. This is why I want to select a range and FillDown.

--
Ryan---

From: Dave Peterson on
You're specifying the worksheet when you find the dynarow, but you're relying on
the current selection in the next line.

I'd use:

Dim dynarow As Long
with worksheets("Worksheet")
dynarow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "Z").End(xlUp).Row
.cells(dynarow,"A").resize(1,26).AutoFill _
Destination:=.cells(dynarow,"A").resize(2,26), Type:=xlFillDefault
end with

If that doesn't help, I'd make sure that dynarow was what I thought it was
supposed to be by adding a
Msgbox dynarow
before the autofill line.

--

Dave Peterson
From: JLGWhiz on
Don't understand why you still got the message. I only changed the sheet
name to one of my sheets and deleted the xlFillType type because it
alutomatically uses default. it no other type is specefied. I listed a row
of data on row 16 and ran the macrow. It filled in row 17, A - Z. But, it
did show that the constant xlFillDefault is not recognized by that internal
class. There are a lot of those out there. Some programmer used the
constant in their write op of how it works, but omitted it from the class
when it was developed.