From: t on
i am able to create a list "drop down" through data validation. my problem is
my choices are sentences, and i can only use so many characters in the list.
i run out of characters before i input my sentence choices. is there a way to
allow more/unlimited text???
From: Luke M on
Input your choices into some cells in the workbook, and then under data
validation, list you can callout those cells
=A2:A10

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Dave Peterson on
Can you widen the column that holds the cell with data|validation so that the
entire sentences appear?

If not, can you show enough so that it makes sense to your users?

If you can't change the width at all, maybe you could use a key word or key
phrase that fits.

Use that as the data|validation list and then use =vlookup() to return the real
sentence to an adjacent cell.

So in B1, I could use:
=if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false))

Where the data|validation list is in Sheet2 column A.

--

Dave Peterson