From: Todd A. Jacobs on
I am currently having a problem with my X server displaying the cursor
as shaded black, which is rather hard to see. This happens as soon as
the gdm chooser is up, so I don't think it's a KDE4 issue.

Is there a setting in xorg.conf or elsewhere that will give me the
standard white cursor?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 23:13:10 Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> I am currently having a problem with my X server displaying the cursor
> as shaded black, which is rather hard to see. This happens as soon as
> the gdm chooser is up, so I don't think it's a KDE4 issue.
>
> Is there a setting in xorg.conf or elsewhere that will give me the
> standard white cursor?

Wanted to say same with kdm!!!
Thierry

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 4:13:10 pm Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> Is there a setting in xorg.conf or elsewhere that will give me the
> standard white cursor?

You can change the cursor theme with

update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme

I am not sure that this is what you are looking for, but I hope that it helps.

MM