From: Keith Ward on
I realize that this thread is old but I will add this note anyhow hoping that someone might find it when having this problem.

This particular error can be an infinite loop and "removing and reinstalling all NI software" solution will not help an only adds to the frustration. The problem is in that various remnents are left behind from other installers, whether it is NIs installers alone or others I do not know. In any case the quickest way to get back up and running is to rename a temp. I am running w2k on my target machine so your solution may be slightly different.

Rename the "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\temp" temporarily so that the installers can continue afterwards you can put it back to the original name if you choose ... it is a temp directory so would hope that it would not matter since I new one will be created when needed.

Keith