From: fatbob on
I get this error. Blue screen and all.
I tried different things that it says to try.
Like do a scan disk.

But It will not let me load a A:disk or CD
I make them the first boot but. Bypasses it right to the HD and then
the blue screen with those errors.

Anything else I can try. Or what could be done to fix this?

YES I have in the Bios made it A drive boot first. Or the CD drive
first to boot. But wont boot to those. Just passes it and goes to
starting up the HD and then the error. Its Windows 2000

From: GT on
"fatbob" <no(a)spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I get this error. Blue screen and all.
> I tried different things that it says to try.
> Like do a scan disk.
>
> But It will not let me load a A:disk or CD
> I make them the first boot but. Bypasses it right to the HD and then
> the blue screen with those errors.
>
> Anything else I can try. Or what could be done to fix this?
>
> YES I have in the Bios made it A drive boot first. Or the CD drive
> first to boot. But wont boot to those. Just passes it and goes to
> starting up the HD and then the error. Its Windows 2000

Perhaps your CD drive is on the blink? Open the case and check all cables to
the CD drive.

Remove CDs etc. Power on the PC, then press F5 or F8 just at the end of your
BIOS screen, then load windows in safe mode and try things in there.

From: Dave on

"fatbob" <no(a)spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I get this error. Blue screen and all.
> I tried different things that it says to try.
> Like do a scan disk.
>
> But It will not let me load a A:disk or CD
> I make them the first boot but. Bypasses it right to the HD and then
> the blue screen with those errors.
>
> Anything else I can try. Or what could be done to fix this?
>
> YES I have in the Bios made it A drive boot first. Or the CD drive
> first to boot. But wont boot to those. Just passes it and goes to
> starting up the HD and then the error. Its Windows 2000

Have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q228888

From: fatbob on
Yes we have seen this site.
But without being able to use any boot device, we can not get to do a
check disk on this harddrive.

If putting this hd into a external usb harddrive (Removing and placing
this HD in the device) Then booting up a good comptuer and connecting
the USB and it detects then gives the Blue screen with the error.

Using as a slave on the good comptuer. It passes out booting up the
good drive into windows and tries to boot to this drive. Gets so far
into windows2000 and you get the blue screen.

There is no way to boot to a floppy or CD to wipe the drive even if I
just wanted it cleaned out>>>>>>>

From: Rod Speed on
fatbob <no(a)spam.invalid> wrote:
> I get this error. Blue screen and all.
> I tried different things that it says to try.
> Like do a scan disk.
>
> But It will not let me load a A:disk or CD
> I make them the first boot but. Bypasses it right to the HD and then
> the blue screen with those errors.
>
> Anything else I can try. Or what could be done to fix this?
>
> YES I have in the Bios made it A drive boot first. Or the CD drive
> first to boot. But wont boot to those. Just passes it and goes to
> starting up the HD and then the error. Its Windows 2000

Unplug the hard drive and see if you can boot a floppy or CD.
Likely thats the problem, you cant boot a floppy or CD for some
reason and the problem with the hard drive is quite separate.

Once you resolve the problem with booting a floppy, you can use
the proceedure at the bottom of the KB article to repair the drive.