From: Richard on
I recently purchased a Dell 5150C with a Samsung HD160JJ/P hard drive. When
running the diagnostic program Sandrasoft a message comes up saying that the
optimum speed is not being used. It shows UDMA 5 instead of UDMA7. The drive
is supposed to be SATA and I beleive therefore should be using UDMA7. I have
checked BIOS and everthing appears to be enabled correctly. Checked Samsung
site and downloaded manual for drive. It mentions a limiting speed jumper
for 1.5GB/S on 3GB/S products in rare occasions. Is this applicable to Dell
computers interface?
Any help would be appreciated!