From: Richard Brooks on
I bought a cheap video display adapter card and from the stick-on on the
back I cannot find anything about it as I need to download a driver for it.

The ticket on the back says "RIA2E4-BINV" and the card has what looks
like video out and S-Video out.

What is the board and what company owns it ?

Thanks!

Richard Brooks.
--
Two updates tools for 3D Studio Max
<http://www.kdbanglia.com/maxtools.html>
From: Paul on
In article <QYmdnWPuAoPdyRnZRVnyuA(a)bt.com>, Richard Brooks
<richardbrooks(a)vickers-supermarine.com> wrote:

> I bought a cheap video display adapter card and from the stick-on on the
> back I cannot find anything about it as I need to download a driver for it.
>
> The ticket on the back says "RIA2E4-BINV" and the card has what looks
> like video out and S-Video out.
>
> What is the board and what company owns it ?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Richard Brooks.

I presume before you plug this card in, you've removed the old
video card drivers ? While the old video card is still in the
computer, remove the old drivers via Add/Remove.

Now, plug in the new video card. It will run at 640x480 or
800x600, some low resolution. Now, use a utility, like
Everest, or even the Device Manager, to get some more info
on the card.

If you can get some more info on the card by doing that,
and you still cannot figure it out, post another message,
with any text strings containing info on the card's hardware.

Paul
From: Richard Brooks on
Paul wrote:
> In article <QYmdnWPuAoPdyRnZRVnyuA(a)bt.com>, Richard Brooks
> <richardbrooks(a)vickers-supermarine.com> wrote:
>
>> I bought a cheap video display adapter card and from the stick-on on the
>> back I cannot find anything about it as I need to download a driver for it.
>>
>> The ticket on the back says "RIA2E4-BINV" and the card has what looks
>> like video out and S-Video out.
>>
>> What is the board and what company owns it ?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> Richard Brooks.
>
> I presume before you plug this card in, you've removed the old
> video card drivers ? While the old video card is still in the
> computer, remove the old drivers via Add/Remove.

Would you believe I bought two cards for a ten UKP, different types with
the one that's now installed being an ATI Rage 128 Pro 32MB. TO keep
things neat I need to have the drivers for the other card before
anything goes wrong.

> Now, plug in the new video card. It will run at 640x480 or
> 800x600, some low resolution. Now, use a utility, like
> Everest, or even the Device Manager, to get some more info
> on the card.
>
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
>
> If you can get some more info on the card by doing that,
> and you still cannot figure it out, post another message,
> with any text strings containing info on the card's hardware.
>
> Paul

Many thanks Paul,

I'll do the utility checker tomorrow but I think I've found some details
on it; :-)

<http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://www.chaintech.co.kr/sir.php%3Fw%3Dv%26sm_id%3D2%26si_id%3D7737%26sel%3D%26s%3D%26op%3D%26page%3D409&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DRIA2D4%26hl%3Den%26hs%3DcDJ%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DG>

Now I know where Stanley Unwin got his ideas from!

Richard.

From: Paul on
In article <CsCdnbWAOL9O6xnZRVny3w(a)bt.com>, Richard Brooks
<richardbrooks(a)vickers-supermarine.com> wrote:

> Paul wrote:
> > In article <QYmdnWPuAoPdyRnZRVnyuA(a)bt.com>, Richard Brooks
> > <richardbrooks(a)vickers-supermarine.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I bought a cheap video display adapter card and from the stick-on on the
> >> back I cannot find anything about it as I need to download a driver for it.
> >>
> >> The ticket on the back says "RIA2E4-BINV" and the card has what looks
> >> like video out and S-Video out.
> >>
> >> What is the board and what company owns it ?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>

> >> Richard Brooks.
> >
> > I presume before you plug this card in, you've removed the old
> > video card drivers ? While the old video card is still in the
> > computer, remove the old drivers via Add/Remove.
>
> Would you believe I bought two cards for a ten UKP, different types with
> the one that's now installed being an ATI Rage 128 Pro 32MB. TO keep
> things neat I need to have the drivers for the other card before
> anything goes wrong.
>

> > Now, plug in the new video card. It will run at 640x480 or
> > 800x600, some low resolution. Now, use a utility, like
> > Everest, or even the Device Manager, to get some more info
> > on the card.
> >
> > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
> >
> > If you can get some more info on the card by doing that,
> > and you still cannot figure it out, post another message,
> > with any text strings containing info on the card's hardware.
> >
> > Paul
>
> Many thanks Paul,
>
> I'll do the utility checker tomorrow but I think I've found some details
> on it; :-)

<http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://www.chaintech.co.kr/sir.php%3Fw%3Dv%26sm_id%3D2%26si_id%3D7737%26sel%3D%26s%3D%26op%3D%26page%3D409&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DRIA2D4%26hl%3Den%26hs%3DcDJ%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DG>

> Now I know where Stanley Unwin got his ideas from!
>

> Richard.

You are a better searcher than I am. I came up with nothing on
that label.

At least I could find a reference to Mr. Unwin :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Unwin_%28comedian%29

Paul
From: Richard Brooks on
Paul wrote:
> In article <CsCdnbWAOL9O6xnZRVny3w(a)bt.com>, Richard Brooks
> <richardbrooks(a)vickers-supermarine.com> wrote:
>
>> Paul wrote:
[snipped]

>>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
>>>
>>> If you can get some more info on the card by doing that,
>>> and you still cannot figure it out, post another message,
>>> with any text strings containing info on the card's hardware.
>>>
>>> Paul
>> Many thanks Paul,
>>
>> I'll do the utility checker tomorrow but I think I've found some details
>> on it; :-)
>>
> <http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://www.chaintech.co.kr/sir.php%3Fw%3Dv%26sm_id%3D2%26si_id%3D7737%26sel%3D%26s%3D%26op%3D%26page%3D409&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DRIA2D4%26hl%3Den%26hs%3DcDJ%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DG>
>>
>> Now I know where Stanley Unwin got his ideas from!
>> Richard.
>
> You are a better searcher than I am. I came up with nothing on
> that label.
>
> At least I could find a reference to Mr. Unwin :-)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Unwin_%28comedian%29
>
> Paul

I think there are days when some tenuous link can be found and other
days, and I know I've had them, when others find something that is just
there.

The three labels on the back have the following information;

RIA2D4-BINV
HK792-1 V3.1
12/01/2001 4756

S/N: R 0101003992

3892D180

It's got four Samsung chips and there's a legend with N622 with the
European mark of CE under that. There are a couple of other chips with
information on them but I'd have thought the labels would have thrown up
some light on the subject.

Richard.