From: Artemis on
0x0800CCC0F Error. I see that someone else had this same problem back in 2005
and it was corrected via a changed setting in Norton Anti Virus. I don't use
Norton. Is there a similar issue in McAfee? This is rather strange since my
feed from gmail to Outlook Express was working just fine, then yesterday this
message showed up - and no more emails can come through to OE.
From: PA Bear on
And your Windows Update problem is...?

Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

Disable email scanning by your (any) anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection and even Symantec says it's not necessary:

<paste>
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
</paste>
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106
--