From: Guido van Brakel on
Hello,

I'm getting the error: # WARNING: Install failed, error = 0x8007000D /
0x8007000D, while trying to instlal update KB960714 for my Vista Ultimate
machine.
I already installed the System Update Readness tool, but that doenst helped
to fix this error.
I just installed it this machine fresh with Vista Ultimate, but I keep
getting this error.
Hopefully someone can help me out this fix this annoying error.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
0x8007000D - Error_invalid_data

> I just installed it this machine fresh with Vista Ultimate...

Did you reinstall Vista? If so, why?

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/advanced/xppc.mspx

Has the machine been connected to the internet or any networks for any
length of time without a firewall enabled and/or without active anti-virus
protection?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: Guido van Brakel on
PA Bear [MS MVP] schreef:
> 0x8007000D - Error_invalid_data
>
>> I just installed it this machine fresh with Vista Ultimate...
>
> Did you reinstall Vista? If so, why?
>
> 5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/advanced/xppc.mspx
>
> Has the machine been connected to the internet or any networks for any
> length of time without a firewall enabled and/or without active
> anti-virus protection?

Hi. I reinstalled Vista because I got quite a few strange errors
(services crashing), wich was not a good working situation for me.
But do you have any clue, how to solve this error: 0x8007000D?
I know that site you are linking to. I'am an Microsoft Certified
Professional, with currently two passed exams (70-270 & 70-290), and
training for my MCSE.

Kind Regards,

Guido van Brakel
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Guido van Brakel wrote:
<paste>
> Guido van Brakel wrote:
>> I'm getting the error: # WARNING: Install failed, error = 0x8007000D /
>> 0x8007000D, while trying to instlal update KB960714 for my Vista Ultimate
>> machine.
>> I already installed the System Update Readness tool, but that doenst
>> helped
>> to fix this error.
>> I just installed it this machine fresh with Vista Ultimate, but I keep
>> getting this error.
>> Hopefully someone can help me out this fix this annoying error.
</paste>
>> 0x8007000D - Error_invalid_data
>>
>>> I just installed it this machine fresh with Vista Ultimate...
>>
>> Did you reinstall Vista? If so, why?
>>
>> 5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/advanced/xppc.mspx
>>
>> Has the machine been connected to the internet or any networks for any
>> length of time without a firewall enabled and/or without active
>> anti-virus protection?
>
> Hi. I reinstalled Vista because I got quite a few strange errors
> (services crashing), wich was not a good working situation for me.
> But do you have any clue, how to solve this error: 0x8007000D?
> I know that site you are linking to. I'am an Microsoft Certified
> Professional, with currently two passed exams (70-270 & 70-290), and
> training for my MCSE.

We shall alert the media.

Now, can you answer my other question?

From: MowGreen [MVP] on
There's still a malformed XML element issue happening here, BroRo.
Look to a 3rd party firewall, a misconfigured native Vista firewall,
security software/template/policy, or even possibly a 'hidden' malware
that may be causing this error.
I'm outta here tomorrow morning. <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY