From: apagano on
Seen a few threads with this problem with no one's problem solved. I'm
running WinXP with all updates on a relatively new machine (intel chip).
Tried all the solutions: deleted all email messages, ran the mapi file fixer,
ran scanpst, disabled firewall, created a new profile. Nothing fixed the
error. Have sufficient Ram and hard disk space. Checked email settings with
ISP. No new installations were made or updates installed just prior to this
failure. And it didn't appear that I had reached the 2GB limit on .pst
files.

Finally in frustration I uninstalled Office Proffessional and completely
reinstalled and the problem still persisted. If that didn't work I'm not
sure that reformatting and starting from scratch will help either. My
internet connection to the desktop with this problem is a wireless connection
to a Linksys router/switch. I use a Eudora Email client on a desktop
directly wired into the router with no email problems.
From: apagano on
I configured Outlook Express which I never use to test it. It downloaded all
the messages off of my ISP's email server (verizon) without any trouble.
After that Outlook seems to be working fine. I sent several test messages
and received them with Outlook without getting the out-of-memory error.

Virtually all of the messages on the server were spam. Is it possible that
a bad header caused this problem? If so, I hope the hackers don't figure out
how to duplicate this condition.