From: Melissa on
I have made changes in my contacts. And now my distribution lists say they
"could not find contact. It may have been deleted or moved from its original
location". How do I get the distribution lists to recognise the new contacts
I've put in? Also, is there any way to "find and replace" inside the
distibution lists? I was able to do this in the contacts folder by exporting
it to a tab DOS document, then did find/replace and then exported it back to
the contact folder and the changes were made. How can I export and import
the contents of the distribution lists?
From: Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] on
You can't, and shouldn't try.
DL's contain an "Update Now" button that should update that information.
9 times out of 10 it fails, and you must update your DL manually.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

From: "Chuck Davis" newsgroup at anthemwebs dot on

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> You can't, and shouldn't try.
> DL's contain an "Update Now" button that should update that information.
> 9 times out of 10 it fails, and you must update your DL manually.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Melissa" <Melissa(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have made changes in my contacts. And now my distribution lists say
>>they
>> "could not find contact. It may have been deleted or moved from its
>> original
>> location". How do I get the distribution lists to recognise the new
>> contacts
>> I've put in? Also, is there any way to "find and replace" inside the
>> distibution lists? I was able to do this in the contacts folder by
>> exporting
>> it to a tab DOS document, then did find/replace and then exported it back
>> the contact folder and the changes were made. How can I export and
>> import
>> the contents of the distribution lists?

I have found that the Update Now function on my Office Outlook 2003 only
fails on entries that were placed there when I was using Office 2000. In
those instances, I Remove the old and Select Members... for the new ones.
After 3 years, I now only have about 1/10th of my 2,893 entries in the
Distribution Lists that won't update.

From: Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] on
You'll find it fails in lots of other instances too.
It seems to work only for Contacts that were created in the same Outlook
profile. Any migration whatsoever of data breaks all links.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]