From: noone on
My understanding is IE 5.01 is supported as long as Windows 2000 is
supported, otherwise why would there be regular security updates for it.
There had been a suggestion on the Windows Update site to upgrade but it
was a suggestion and not a requirement. If 5.01 is no longer supported
by Windows Update then a notice to that effect should have been posted
on the Windows Update site or documented in an information document on
the main MS site. Even though IE 6 was available I chose not to upgrade
since the browser was used only for Windows Update. There are better
browsers for general internet use.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
What's that got to do with it? IE6 SP1 was considered a critical security
update even in Win98 and WinME and has been required to be able to access
Windows Update for quite some time now.

BTW, you may not use IE but Win2K does.