From: One5860 on
hi im trying to update my older laptop with windows 2000 sp4. and i keep
getting the 0x800C0002 error. I have done everything it said to do (delete
temp. internet files, refresh, close and reopen ie) and i even tryed safe
mode with networking and it still didnt work. Our Vista laptop updates
without a problem. Anyone know why?

One5860

Full sys. Specs.

Windows 2000 sp4
384 mb ram
Trident Cyberblade AGP 8mb vram
1.0 ghz P3 CPU
From: Ǝиçεl on
0x800C0002 - Inet_E_Invalid_URL
Maybe the server is busy and you are redirect to a wrong URL
Wait a few hours and retry it, One5860.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

From: TomP on

Were you ever able to solve this problem?
I have exactly the same issue.

From: noone on
I had the same problem until I replaced IE 5.01 SP4 with IE 6. Nice of
MS to discontinue support of the browser without informing its users.
Very nice.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Have you been living under a rock for the last 5-8 years?