From: the K on
I have been getting a blue screen with the error code in the subject line.
It's been triggered by a file named dful65.sys. I saw on MSDN that error
codes starting with 0xc mean invalid access. However, I did a performed an
originates from. I don't know where the file originates from. Any
suggestions?
From: nass on

"the K" wrote:

> I have been getting a blue screen with the error code in the subject line.
> It's been triggered by a file named dful65.sys. I saw on MSDN that error
> codes starting with 0xc mean invalid access. However, I did a performed an
> originates from. I don't know where the file originates from. Any
> suggestions?

This file seems fishy to me and when you get this error i.e on what
application?
Run a thorough scan for malware and viruses on your machine.

Go through these Cleaning steps:
1... First, try to clean up your caches, Internet files and delete cookies
by doing this:
Click Start >> Control Panel >> Double click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options.
On the IE properties windows you will see these Tabs:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs |
Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non
Verified Add-Ons (You should Renable them later one-by-one and see the
culprit and update it or remove it.
How to manage Add-Ons:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256
Scan for malware from here:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/default.htm?s_cid=sah
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-gb/default.htm
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Have a look in the Event Viewer for error messages(X) that can shed > some
light and post it back in your next post by performing the following > and
also
the System File Checker (SFC) sfc /scannow:
Open a Notepad, customize or minimize to the taskbar as you will need > it
later for this step to copy the error message on it.
Open a run command and type in:
eventvwr.msc click [OK] you will get the Event viewer control Panel.
click on each of these:
Application
System
Security
Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red (X) or Yellow
exclamation mark /!\ , double click each one to get more info about > the
causer.
On the Event error properties message you will see:
Up Arrow
Down arrow
Two pages
Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the > Notepad
you opened earlier and right click on the first line and select Paste > from
the list, this will paste the error message on a Notepad.
Please don't duplicate the error message one of each kind will be >
sufficient.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/en-us

More info about your operating system and other applications will be a >
great
help to us.
HTH
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

From: John John (MVP) on
the K wrote:

> I have been getting a blue screen with the error code in the subject line.
> It's been triggered by a file named dful65.sys. I saw on MSDN that error
> codes starting with 0xc mean invalid access. However, I did a performed an
> originates from. I don't know where the file originates from. Any
> suggestions?

As stated by nass in his post the file dful65.sys is rather suspicious.
A search on the net for this file returns no hits, that is very often
a sign that the file is related to malware.

Also, the error code that you posted seems incorrect, 0x error codes
always have eight characters after the x: 0x12345678, yours has nine.
When are you receiving this error?

John
From: the K on
It happens after the computer is inactive for a while. I'll leave the
computer then come back and the blue screen is there.