From: Nasho23 on
For some time now I have been getting the subject Windows Explorer Problem
message pad. Sometimes I use the "Send" button and sometimes I use the "Dont
Send" and "Debug" buttons. Regardless of which button I use I get a Screen
Shutdown and I have restart what I had been doing. Event Viewer identifies
Event ID 1001 and refers to mpeg2dmx.ax Ver 2.0.84.30429 at 0x0000dff3, and
is attached for you to view.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 7/09/2008
Time: 5:01:03 PM
User: N/A
Computer: OWENS_MACHINE
Fault bucket 483024939.

Data:
0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
0008: 34 38 33 30 32 34 39 33 48302493
0010: 39 0d 0a 9..
Can you please advise why this happens so often and in different situations.
Can you also advise what should happen when I press "Debug" and what happens
and where is the info sent when I press "Send"
All very confusing stuff.
Thank You.
From: Elmo on
Nasho23 wrote:
> For some time now I have been getting the subject Windows Explorer Problem
> message pad. Sometimes I use the "Send" button and sometimes I use the "Dont
> Send" and "Debug" buttons. Regardless of which button I use I get a Screen
> Shutdown and I have restart what I had been doing. Event Viewer identifies
> Event ID 1001 and refers to mpeg2dmx.ax Ver 2.0.84.30429 at 0x0000dff3, and
> is attached for you to view.

Try lowering graphics hardware acceleration slide. You can lower
graphics hardware acceleration in Display Properties, Settings tab,
Advanced button, Troubleshooting tab. If this helps, you probably need
a different graphics card or drivers.

Run DXDiag and see if it complains of uncertified drivers. Also look at
the computer manufacturer site and the graphics card manufacturer site
for different drivers. Try upgrades, reference drivers, and drivers for
other model cards till you find one that works. Do a search at
http://groups.google.com entering the game and graphics card model for
more suggestions.

Look for drivers and utilities at these sites:

http://www.guru3d.com/
http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=3&faq=7&Search=
http://www.voodoofiles.com/
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

See if there's a BIOS upgrade for your system. Look at the
manufacturer's site, Compaq, PB, etc., and also at the motherboard
manufacturer's site.

--
Joe =o)
From: Richard in AZ on
Additional observation.
It appears that the error message now only occurs when closeting Windows Explorer and
After the error, AVG's scanning icon shows in the system tray, but AVG is not scanning and I can not
access the scanning icon.

From: Richard in AZ on
I uninstalled AVG and installed Avast.
I still get the error message when closing Windows Explorer and then AVAST would not work.
Look like a re-installation is required. My CD is for SP2 and I have SP3 installed and cannot
remove it either.