From: Leonard Grey on
Your question does not contain all the required information needed for
us to help you. Please re-write your question, this time make sure you
have all the needed information and we'll try to help. This article:

"How to ask a question"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

will help you to create a question that is more likely to provide the
help you are seeking.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: David F. Sage on
O/S XP Professional, SP3, Version 2002.

The Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp did
not help me.

A Google search did not provide sufficient information to help me correct
the problem.

A Registry search finds 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE in
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions/7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE/Default/REG_SZ/(value
not set)

I am not a professional computer person and would much appreciate your
understanding and simple advice, leading to correcting the problem.

For this, thank you.

From: Gerry on
David

Use regedit to search the registry for
7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE. Select Start, Run, type "regedit"
without quotes, and hit OK. Use Edit, Find to search My Computer for
7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE.

What name does it put against the guid?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: David F. Sage on
Gerry.

I appreciate the quick reply; I copied the only information in 'regedit'
associated with {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE}.

Please explain how I should find the information you require, thank you
David.

From: nass on

David
It seems to me like a mismatch in the group policy on your machine or Audit!
I had similar problem with a user with a Viral infection. The only way
solved after cleaning the infection is to create a new user account and test
on that and see if the error will be logged in the Event Viewer.

How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
Let us know if that helped.
nass