From: Lost and Found on
And here I was thinking it was vaporware.

I was on MOS researching an issue when I saw it: 10.2.0.5 patchset
for Linux x86-64.

Had to triple check to make sure it wasn't an optical illusion - but
it's got patch notes and everything!

Only appear to be out for Linux x86-64 at the moment.

Gonna take it for a spin in one of our test databases in the next few
days.

-BC
From: John Hurley on
BC:

> And here I was thinking it was vaporware.
>
> I was on MOS researching an issue when I saw it:  10.2.0.5 patchset
> for Linux x86-64.
>
> Had to triple check to make sure it wasn't an optical illusion - but
> it's got patch notes and everything!
>
> Only appear to be out for Linux x86-64 at the moment.
>
> Gonna take it for a spin in one of our test databases in the next few
> days.

Hey two bonus points for you for pointing it out first here!
From: John Hurley on
# And here I was thinking it was vaporware.

It sure seemed like it for a while. Back in late 2007 the rumour was
that it was just around the corner if I remember correctly.

> > I was on MOS researching an issue when I saw it:  10.2.0.5 patchset
> > for Linux x86-64.
>
> > Had to triple check to make sure it wasn't an optical illusion - but
> > it's got patch notes and everything!
>
> > Only appear to be out for Linux x86-64 at the moment.
>
> > Gonna take it for a spin in one of our test databases in the next few
> > days.
>
> Hey two bonus points for you for pointing it out first here!

Wonder if the fact that ( apparently ) 10.2.0.5 is out first for linux
instead of Solaris and/or Solaris x86 means anything?
From: Shakespeare on
Op 29-4-2010 19:59, John Hurley schreef:
> # And here I was thinking it was vaporware.
>
> It sure seemed like it for a while. Back in late 2007 the rumour was
> that it was just around the corner if I remember correctly.
>

>>> I was on MOS researching an issue when I saw it: 10.2.0.5 patchset
>>> for Linux x86-64.
>>
>>> Had to triple check to make sure it wasn't an optical illusion - but
>>> it's got patch notes and everything!
>>
>>> Only appear to be out for Linux x86-64 at the moment.
>>
>>> Gonna take it for a spin in one of our test databases in the next few
>>> days.
>>
>> Hey two bonus points for you for pointing it out first here!
>
> Wonder if the fact that ( apparently ) 10.2.0.5 is out first for linux
> instead of Solaris and/or Solaris x86 means anything?

Solaris is now owned by Oracle, and hence of such a high quality that
patches have become obsolete...

Shakespeare
From: mhoys on
On Apr 29, 7:28 pm, Lost and Found <dat...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> And here I was thinking it was vaporware.
>
> I was on MOS researching an issue when I saw it:  10.2.0.5 patchset
> for Linux x86-64.
>
> Had to triple check to make sure it wasn't an optical illusion - but
> it's got patch notes and everything!
>
> Only appear to be out for Linux x86-64 at the moment.
>
> Gonna take it for a spin in one of our test databases in the next few
> days.
>
> -BC

Only 19 downloads yet?
MOS search is so terrible. Is there a page where you can get a clear
overview of all platforms with their most recent patch set?

Matthias