From: Rowland McDonnell on
I've just run Disk Utility to repair permissions on my new iMac.

I saw this rather strange warning:

2009-10-09 12:23:25 +0100: Warning: SUID file
"System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacO
S/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Does anyone understand the significance of that message?

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: Eddie on
real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid (Rowland McDonnell) wrote:

> I've just run Disk Utility to repair permissions on my new iMac.
>
> I saw this rather strange warning:
>
> 2009-10-09 12:23:25 +0100: Warning: SUID file
> "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacO
> S/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
>
> Does anyone understand the significance of that message?

Oddly enough I had the same message this morning.

I was also getting a message when doing an update the I had insuffient
privileges to install one of the update modules.

In my case I ended up reading

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1272704

and this

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1282290