From: Mark on
From Mashable..

<http://bit.ly/du1I3P>

Mark

From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-07-18 09:50:58 +0100, Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com> said:

> From Mashable..
>
> <http://bit.ly/du1I3P>

Maybe I'm on a different wavelength - I actually liked a lot of these.

I like the first two - think Mashable has missed a trick with the
second, the patronising was deliberate and riffed off. Quite like the
Newton one too. That UK one - is that Stephen Fry's voice?

There's a UK ad that came out around the time of System 7 and the LC /
IIsi. Can't remember that much except a business guy was moaning about
his staff not getting on with the new computers, and he couldn't
understand why because he "gave them all six weeks training". The
Mac-using business guy just raised his eyebrow. It's not a classic by
any means, but for some reason it has stuck in my mind and every so
often I try to track it down again. No luck yet though.

Cheers,
Ian

From: Mark on
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:55:11 +0100, Ian McCall wrote
(in article <8ah10fFvuaU1(a)mid.individual.net>):

> On 2010-07-18 09:50:58 +0100, Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com> said:
>
>> From Mashable..
>>
>> <http://bit.ly/du1I3P>
>
> Maybe I'm on a different wavelength - I actually liked a lot of these.
>
> I like the first two - think Mashable has missed a trick with the
> second, the patronising was deliberate and riffed off. Quite like the
> Newton one too. That UK one - is that Stephen Fry's voice?
>
> There's a UK ad that came out around the time of System 7 and the LC /
> IIsi. Can't remember that much except a business guy was moaning about
> his staff not getting on with the new computers, and he couldn't
> understand why because he "gave them all six weeks training". The
> Mac-using business guy just raised his eyebrow. It's not a classic by
> any means, but for some reason it has stuck in my mind and every so
> often I try to track it down again. No luck yet though.
>

> Cheers,
> Ian

Number 8? I don't think that's Stephen Fry.

That last one is quite bad though!

Cheers ... Mark