From: Harrison Midkiff on
I have a site on my IIS server. The site has a 1024 SSL assigned to it. I
need to upgrade my SSL to 2048. I have options to renew existing, remove,
etc... How can I upgrade this SSL to 2048. I think I have to create a
dummy site and do the request from there. Then once it is applied go to the
real site and do a replace?

Any advice would be helpful.

Harrison Midkiff

From: Dan on

"Harrison Midkiff" <HMidkiff(a)aviinc.com> wrote in message
> I have a site on my IIS server. The site has a 1024 SSL assigned to it.
> I need to upgrade my SSL to 2048. I have options to renew existing,
> remove, etc... How can I upgrade this SSL to 2048. I think I have to
> create a dummy site and do the request from there. Then once it is
> applied go to the real site and do a replace?
>
> Any advice would be helpful.
>
> Harrison Midkiff

You should be able to renew, and just pick 2048 bit as the key length in
the. If it doesn't have that option for a renewal then you'll have to create
a new request. You should be able to create a new request and still have the
site use the current SSL certificate until you complete the pending request.

--
Dan

From: .._.. on
I just went through this. For renewals, there is no option to change the
bit length. in the IIS Certificate Wizard.

The certificate will need to be requested as new. The place I use does not
distinguish a renewal from a new certificate in any way, so aside from the
little bit of making a dummy web site there is little difference.

From: Harrison Midkiff on
Thanks for your help. I am doing a new request.