From: T Jones on
Hi,

I've finally had enough of sub-classing ListViews to edit various
sub-items, so started looking around for a decent replacement. I've
downloaded 10TEC's Grid OCX and it seems to be ok in Demo mode, although I
haven't run it in code yet.

Has anyone had any experience? Is it worth the dollars?

Thanks.

From: Andy on
I've used it extensively throughout an deployed application. Its far
better than list view and such like. I'd previously tried
vbAccelerator SGrid but that was no longer being updated. Support is
good too, any questions are usually responded to quite quickly. The
fact it is still supported is good if like me your still using VB6.
There is a /Net version, but I have not tried that. You should be able
to use the demo OCX in your program, just gives a nag screen, but
other than that functions as per the purchased copy.

Any questions, ask

Andy

From: hermann leinen on
I use it, and I love it.

From: DanS on
"T Jones" <speedilink(a)hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I've finally had enough of sub-classing ListViews to edit various
> sub-items, so started looking around for a decent replacement. I've
> downloaded 10TEC's Grid OCX and it seems to be ok in Demo mode,
> although I haven't run it in code yet.
>
> Has anyone had any experience? Is it worth the dollars?
>
> Thanks.

Had you run across this one ?

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=65746
&lngWId=1

I've never used it because the OCX was large, but it supposedly includes
everything *and* the kitchen sink....like direct support for a 'virtual'
listview.
From: hermann leinen on
I am not sure if somebody would want to go with an unsupported grid control.
Grids are monsters and require absolute support, and things on PSC are
unsupported and thereby a horror for any serious develper.