From: Paul Thompson on
To have an alternative to KDE4 I wanted to install GNOME. Going to YaST
patterns and selecting the GNOME Desktop Environment I get the error
that in order to install patterns-openSUSE-gnome I should uninstall
patterns-openSUSE-kde4_pure.

Can KDE4 and GNOME coexist with 11.2?

Thanks
Paul

From: EOS on
Paul Thompson wrote:

> To have an alternative to KDE4 I wanted to install GNOME. Going to YaST
> patterns and selecting the GNOME Desktop Environment I get the error
> that in order to install patterns-openSUSE-gnome I should uninstall
> patterns-openSUSE-kde4_pure.
>
> Can KDE4 and GNOME coexist with 11.2?

sure why not ;-)
I did this an a 32bits, deinstall "patterns-openSUSE-kde4_pure"
no problem at all

normaly i would give you a one-click url but for
the gnome desktop i din't find it
--
EOS
www.photo-memories.be
From: Neil Ellwood on
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:14:55 -0600, Paul Thompson wrote:

> To have an alternative to KDE4 I wanted to install GNOME. Going to YaST
> patterns and selecting the GNOME Desktop Environment I get the error
> that in order to install patterns-openSUSE-gnome I should uninstall
> patterns-openSUSE-kde4_pure.
>
> Can KDE4 and GNOME coexist with 11.2?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

I don't know (although I suspect that the answer is yes) if gnome can live
with KDE but Gnome lives very well with XFCE on this comp.

--
Neil
Reverse 'r and a' Delete 'l'