From: Rod Speed on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF "
<""does.tholen.have.many.kook.outs\"@kangarooistan.com.au . wrote:
> http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/11th-suicide-at-apple-factory-20100527-wgjo.html
>
> Another employee of Taiwanese technology giant Foxconn fell to his
> death yesterday at the company's plant in southern China -- the 11th
> such death this year, state media reported.
>
> The apparent suicides have raised questions about the conditions for
> millions of factory workers in China, especially at Apple
> manufacturer Foxconn, where labour activists say long hours, low pay
> and high pressure are the norm.
> The official Xinhua news agency provided no further details on the
> latest death, which came just hours after the firm reportedly urged
> its workers in southern China to promise in writing not to kill
> themselves as it battles to stem a spate of factory suicides.
>
> The suicide occurred on the same day as Foxconn showed off a
> motherboard factory, swimming pool and a hotline centre for workers with
> emotional problems as the giant company - maker of iPods and other
> popular gadgets - tried to repair an image damaged by the suicides.
>
> Earlier, the company's media shy chairman, Terry Gou, repeatedly
> apologised for the 10 deaths this year and told reporters the firm
> would do everything possible to prevent more suicides.
>
> Nets were put on buildings to stop people from jumping, and about 100
> mental health counsellors were being trained.
>
> "We need some time," he said. "But we are confident. We are extremely
> determined."
> Gou said he has been having trouble sleeping at night because of the
> suicides, the latest one reported on Tuesday when a 19-year-old man
> jumped from a building after working at the plant for about a month.
>
> The Foxconn head also said he dreads the sound of his own phone
> ringing after work hours because he's afraid it will be news of
> another death.
> The tour with six busloads of journalists went through the palm
> tree-lined streets of the sprawling factory complex in the southern
> city of Shenzhen, near Hong Kong.
>
> The walled-in industrial park employs 300,000 workers and looks more
> like a small city with fast-food restaurants, bakeries, Bank of China
> branches and towering dormitories for workers.
>
> Foxconn was trying to address allegations from labour groups that the workers were killing themselves because of
> hellish conditions

Some 'hellish conditions' with 'a small city with fast-food restaurants,
bakeries, Bank of China branches and towering dormitories for workers'

> in the factories, which churn out iPhones, Dell computers, Nokia mobile phones and many other big-selling electronics.

So it aint just Apple, fool.

> Critics allege that Foxconn manages its plants with a strict military approach and workers must work too much overtime
> on assembly lines that move too fast.

After that lie about 'hellish conditions' which are in fact nothing
even remotely resembling anything like 'hellish conditions', you'll
have to pardon us if we want more than your assertion on that.

From: SG1 on

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> branches and towering dormitories for workers.
>>
>> Foxconn was trying to address allegations from labour groups that the
>> workers were killing themselves because of hellish conditions
>
> Some 'hellish conditions' with 'a small city with fast-food restaurants,
> bakeries, Bank of China branches and towering dormitories for workers'
>
>> in the factories, which churn out iPhones, Dell computers, Nokia mobile
>> phones and many other big-selling electronics.
>
> So it aint just Apple, fool.
>
>> Critics allege that Foxconn manages its plants with a strict military
>> approach and workers must work too much overtime on assembly lines that
>> move too fast.
>
> After that lie about 'hellish conditions' which are in fact nothing
> even remotely resembling anything like 'hellish conditions', you'll
> have to pardon us if we want more than your assertion on that.

Roddles open your slanted eyes and realise that it is a quote from a source
other than Little John.

From: Marts on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF wrote...

> >> Never said it was, fool.
> >
> > Obvious lie with the subject line, fuckwit.
>
> You never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Sir John (or whoever you are), there's a saying, "never argue with an idiot.
He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience."

He posts a line that is a direct reference to the OP (you) about being a fool
and other comments directed at you, then realises that the hole that he's in,
again, is far too deep for him to do anything but to continue digging.

But then, perhaps he "thinks" that we mean that he's refering to the original
author of the news article and those being interviewed in it. Maybe he expects
that they'll be reading his posts (he can be quite delusional at times, you
know), therefore the direct attribution.

Either that, or he's plain illiterate and can neither read, nor write. Certainly
that explanation full of gibberish about the invalidity of Speedtest network
performance testing bears that out.

From: z1 on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/11th-suicide-at-apple-factory-20100527-wgjo.html
>

> Another employee of Taiwanese technology giant Foxconn fell to his death
> yesterday at the company's plant in southern China -- the 11th such
> death this year, state media reported.
>
> The apparent suicides have raised questions about the conditions for
> millions of factory workers in China, especially at Apple manufacturer
> Foxconn, where labour activists say long hours, low pay and high
> pressure are the norm.
>
> The official Xinhua news agency provided no further details on the
> latest death, which came just hours after the firm reportedly urged its
> workers in southern China to promise in writing not to kill themselves
> as it battles to stem a spate of factory suicides.
>
> The suicide occurred on the same day as Foxconn showed off a motherboard
> factory, swimming pool and a hotline centre for workers with emotional
> problems as the giant company - maker of iPods and other popular gadgets
> - tried to repair an image damaged by the suicides.
>
> Earlier, the company's media shy chairman, Terry Gou, repeatedly
> apologised for the 10 deaths this year and told reporters the firm would
> do everything possible to prevent more suicides.
>
> Nets were put on buildings to stop people from jumping, and about 100
> mental health counsellors were being trained.
>
> "We need some time," he said. "But we are confident. We are extremely
> determined."
>
> Gou said he has been having trouble sleeping at night because of the
> suicides, the latest one reported on Tuesday when a 19-year-old man
> jumped from a building after working at the plant for about a month.
>
> The Foxconn head also said he dreads the sound of his own phone ringing
> after work hours because he's afraid it will be news of another death.
>
> The tour with six busloads of journalists went through the palm
> tree-lined streets of the sprawling factory complex in the southern city
> of Shenzhen, near Hong Kong.
>
> The walled-in industrial park employs 300,000 workers and looks more
> like a small city with fast-food restaurants, bakeries, Bank of China
> branches and towering dormitories for workers.
>
> Foxconn was trying to address allegations from labour groups that the
> workers were killing themselves because of hellish conditions in the
> factories, which churn out iPhones, Dell computers, Nokia mobile phones
> and many other big-selling electronics.
>
> Critics allege that Foxconn manages its plants with a strict military
> approach and workers must work too much overtime on assembly lines that
> move too fast.

So you are implying that Steve Jobs is responsible for these deaths?
Have you checked out this story to see if the 'critics' are correct in
their allegations?
What is your motive and agenda in posting this story that might be of
any benefit to us readers here?
Are you encouraging us to buy Apple shares?
From: Rod Speed on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF "
<""does.tholen.have.many.kook.outs\"@kangarooistan.com.au . wrote:
> Marts wrote:
>> Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF wrote...

>>> You never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.
>>
>> Sir John (or whoever you are), there's a saying, "never argue with
>> an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with
>> experience."
>
> Marts, or whoever you are, I am well aware of that expression. There
> are many fools in politics.
>
>> He posts a line that is a direct reference to the OP (you) about
>> being a fool and other comments directed at you, then realises that
>> the hole that he's in, again, is far too deep for him to do anything
>> but to continue digging.
>
> I am well aware of Roddles' inept arguing techniques.
>
>> But then, perhaps he "thinks" that we mean that he's refering to the
>> original author of the news article and those being interviewed in
>> it. Maybe he expects that they'll be reading his posts (he can be
>> quite delusional at times, you know), therefore the direct
>> attribution.
>
> Yes, it does appear that way sometimes.
>
>> Either that, or he's plain illiterate and can neither read, nor
>> write. Certainly that explanation full of gibberish about the
>> invalidity of Speedtest network performance testing bears that out.
>
> LOL! Funny you should bring that up. Its at this point where he
> usually cuts and runs.

In fact it was you that did that yourself you pathetic excuse for a bullshit artist.