From: Boris on
My daughter's been using her i6000 15" laptop for 4 years now, and it's on
it's last legs. We went to BestBuy to look at the different form factors,
and I showed her the Dell Studio 15" that I mentioned in an earlier post,
but she wants someting smaller and more portable to go from room to room.
She really liked the 13" format, but we only saw one (Sony VGN-SR520 G/B)
that had an optical drive, which is a must for CD/DVD.

Can anyone recommend other 13" laptops with optical drives?

Thanks
From: BillW50 on
Boris wrote on Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:28:49 +0000 (UTC):
> My daughter's been using her i6000 15" laptop for 4 years now, and it's on
> it's last legs. We went to BestBuy to look at the different form factors,
> and I showed her the Dell Studio 15" that I mentioned in an earlier post,
> but she wants someting smaller and more portable to go from room to room.
> She really liked the 13" format, but we only saw one (Sony VGN-SR520 G/B)
> that had an optical drive, which is a must for CD/DVD.
>
> Can anyone recommend other 13" laptops with optical drives?
>
> Thanks

Does it have to be 13 inch? As 12 and 14 inch are likely more easier to
find. And you also know these smaller screen sizes (with the exception
of netbooks) the price goes up greatly, right?

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2
From: Boris on
BillW50 <BillW50(a)aol.kom> wrote in

> Boris wrote on Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:28:49 +0000 (UTC):
>> My daughter's been using her i6000 15" laptop for 4 years now, and
>> it's on it's last legs. We went to BestBuy to look at the different
>> form factors, and I showed her the Dell Studio 15" that I mentioned
>> in an earlier post, but she wants someting smaller and more portable
>> to go from room to room. She really liked the 13" format, but we
>> only saw one (Sony VGN-SR520 G/B) that had an optical drive, which is
>> a must for CD/DVD.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend other 13" laptops with optical drives?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Does it have to be 13 inch? As 12 and 14 inch are likely more easier
> to find. And you also know these smaller screen sizes (with the
> exception of netbooks) the price goes up greatly, right?

Hi, Bill,

An optical drive is a must. A 12" would be alright if it had an optical
drive, but I'm not aware of any with an optical drive.

Smaller = $$$, yes.
From: Tom Scales on
Studio XPS 13.

Typing this message on mine. Slot load DVD burner.

From: jel183(UK) on
Then you might want one of these as well:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/Components/OpticalDrives/ExternalDVDWriters/SE-S084CTSBS.html

--
jel183(UK)
Windows 7 (64bit) Professional