From: Jack Tseng on
I am looking for best 1541 drive emulator for DOS. Any help?

Thanks!
JT

From: Fabrizio Gennari on
Il 16/02/2010 20.27, Jack Tseng ha scritto:
> I am looking for best 1541 drive emulator for DOS. Any help?

http://vc1541.sourceforge.net/ unmaintained for 10+ years
http://www.kotinet.com/1541/ promising, but the cable is hard to build,
I couldn't make it load fastload games (even though it claims it can),
latest version has less features than the older ones ("G64 disk image
support is temporarily disabled"), unmaintained for almost 8 years
From: Dombo on

Besides those there is also 64HDD: http://www.64hdd.com/64hdd.html

Feature comparison: http://www.64hdd.com/download/64hdd-compare.pdf
From: Jack Tseng on
I try any games built in 1541 turbo, 64HDD always locks up. How come? Does
64HDD fully emulate 1541 drive? how do I load the 1581 rom into 64HDD?

From: Joe Forster/STA on
> I try any games built in 1541 turbo, 64HDD always locks up. How come? Does
> 64HDD fully emulate 1541 drive?

No, it doesn't. It supports multiple drive types and GEOS, too, but
not fastloaders. 1541EMU has a much more complicated cable and, as its
name suggests, it emulates the 1541 only but it _does_ support (most)
fastloaders.

> how do I load the 1581 rom into 64HDD?

As 64HDD doesn't emulate (the vast majority of) the hardware inside
the drive, no how.