From: Brian Watson on
Some readers here may remember a Group I set up with others to provide and
exchange information between users of 8-bit computers.

Well, one of the founders has passed away (died, that is) and Gordon
Woolliscroft and I thought that as the whole 8bit scene has dwindled we
ought to wind the thing up and put the money to good use, so that's what
we've just done.

There was about 600 English pounds in the account (my, that interest did
mount up) so we have decided to split it 50/50 between a kidney research
charity and Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.

We hope that meets with everyone's approval (cos it's too late to change it
if it ain't!)

:-)

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

From: RobertB on
On Feb 17, 12:41 am, "Brian Watson" <Br...(a)imagebus.co.uk> wrote:

> ...so we have decided to split it 50/50 between a kidney research
> charity and Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.

Our club by-laws state that when the club is dissolved,
the money in the treasury will go to charities.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 24-25 Commodore Vegas Expo -
http://www.commodore.ca/forum and
click on ComVEX
From: Brian Watson on

"RobertB" <rbernardo(a)iglou.com> wrote in message
On Feb 17, 12:41 am, "Brian Watson" <Br...(a)imagebus.co.uk> wrote:

>> ...so we have decided to split it 50/50 between a kidney research
>> charity and Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.

Our club by-laws state that when the club is dissolved,
the money in the treasury will go to charities.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 24-25 Commodore Vegas Expo -
http://www.commodore.ca/forum and
click on ComVEX

That's a really good thing to build in, Robert (wish we'd thought of it at
the time...<vbg>).

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

From: Merman on
On Feb 17, 8:41 am, "Brian Watson" <Br...(a)imagebus.co.uk> wrote:
> Some readers here may remember a Group I set up with others to provide and
> exchange information between users of 8-bit computers.
>
> Well, one of the founders has passed away (died, that is) and Gordon
> Woolliscroft and I thought that as the whole 8bit scene has dwindled we
> ought to wind the thing up and put the money to good use, so that's what
> we've just done.
>
> There was about 600 English pounds in the account (my, that interest did
> mount up) so we have decided to split it 50/50 between a kidney research
> charity and Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.
>
> We hope that meets with everyone's approval (cos it's too late to change it
> if it ain't!)
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Brian
> "Fight like the Devil, die like a gentleman."www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

Sorry to hear of Gordon's passing, but I approve of the charitable
donations.

Andrew
From: Brian Watson on

"Merman" <andrewrfisher(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Feb 17, 8:41 am, "Brian Watson" <Br...(a)imagebus.co.uk> wrote:
> Some readers here may remember a Group I set up with others to provide and
> exchange information between users of 8-bit computers.
>
> Well, one of the founders has passed away (died, that is) and Gordon
> Woolliscroft and I thought that as the whole 8bit scene has dwindled we
> ought to wind the thing up and put the money to good use, so that's what
> we've just done.
>
> There was about 600 English pounds in the account (my, that interest did
> mount up) so we have decided to split it 50/50 between a kidney research
> charity and Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.
>
> We hope that meets with everyone's approval (cos it's too late to change
> it
> if it ain't!)

: Sorry to hear of Gordon's passing, but I approve of the charitable
: donations.

Ooops, sorry, I've obviously not made it clear.

There was a third person involved with Gordon and I and it was he (not
Gordon) who joined The Choir Eternal.

Gordon is very much "still with us" as they say and it is he who has been
working so hard to wind matters up in the absence of the third signatory to
the account.

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop