From: Rubem on
Hi,

I have a query with the following fields: Date, Part Number, description,
etc..
I need a 2 criteria.. 1 for Date and 1 for Part Number and I want them to be
independent. In another words, if I want only a report in a specific range I
would enter the dates or if I just want a report with only the part number I
would enter the part number or if I need a report with both data, I would
enter both data.

Any suggestion?

Thank you for your help.

Rubem
From: Allen Browne on
Take a look at this article:
Search criteria
at:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

It explains how to set up a form where the user can enter whichever criteria
they want, and you build a filter string from only the boxes where they
entered something. The filter can then be applied to a form or to a report.

If you don't want to go that way, the last part of the article explains how
to design the WHERE clause of the query so you can do the whole thing in a
query if you must go that route.