From: Bruno CHALOPIN on
Hi Sascha,

Le 12/05/2010 10:51, Sascha Meyer a écrit :

> I checked bugs.php.net and found the following bug:
>
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43233
>
> Quote:
> "This is not a bug, just missing feature or rather: missing sasl support in the ldap libraries used to build win32 binaries."
>
> The bug's status is "open" so I assume that this is also a problem with more recent builds of Windows PHP versions.

Thanks for the search. It is a pity that it hasn't been resolved since
2007. Seems like the win32 binaries of PHP are not considered that much
despite the fact that the use of PHP is getting higher with the last
versions of IIS. I suppose I'll be obliged to use COM components within
PHP to simulate this not so native feature.

Regards,

Bruno
From: "Sascha Meyer" on
Hi Bruno,

Bruno wrote:
> I suppose I'll be obliged to use COM components within
> PHP to simulate this not so native feature.

You might also look into the PEAR repository before switching to COM:

http://pear.php.net/package/Auth_SASL
http://pear.php.net/package/Net_LDAP2 (contains a function supportedSASLMechanism() to check if an LDAP server supports SASL auth)

I haven't used the above packages yet but you might consider checking these before doing any COM-related programming.

Regards,

Sascha
--
Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards,

Sascha Meyer
EE: http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_761556.html
ZCE: http://www.zend.com/en/yellow-pages#show-ClientCandidateID=ZEND011290

From: Bruno CHALOPIN on
Hi Sascha,

Le 12/05/2010 12:02, Sascha Meyer a écrit :
> You might also look into the PEAR repository before switching to COM:
>
> http://pear.php.net/package/Auth_SASL
> http://pear.php.net/package/Net_LDAP2 (contains a function supportedSASLMechanism() to check if an LDAP server supports SASL auth)
>
> I haven't used the above packages yet but you might consider checking these before doing any COM-related programming.

The Net_LDAP2 doesn't provide sasl authentication and Auth_SASL won't
work threw ldap_bind.

Regards,

Bruno
From: Venkat Raman Don on
Hi Sascha,

I was just saying that if your LDAP extension is not compiled with option --with-ldap-sasl, this function will not be defined. Since Bruno is getting other functions defined other than this particular function, this means that LDAP DLL he is using was not configured with --with-ldap-sasl option at build time. This is what I got from PHP manual. Look at http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.ldap-sasl-bind.php under requirement.

An obvious solution is to compile it with the option --with-ldap-sasl. I told Bruno to do it because I thought it will be convenient. If not, someone has to compile it with the option mentioned above and upload it so that others can use. I can also see that LDAP is very much part of PHP MSI, so probably bundled MSI/ZIP package has to be modified. So a change in Windows build script somewhere is needed.

Thanks,
Don.

From: Pierre Joye on
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Bruno CHALOPIN
<bruno.chalopin(a)laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
>
> Le 12/05/2010 10:51, Sascha Meyer a écrit :
>>
>> I checked bugs.php.net and found the following bug:
>>
>> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43233
>>
>> Quote:
>> "This is not a bug, just missing feature or rather: missing sasl support
>> in the ldap libraries used to build win32 binaries."
>>
>> The bug's status is "open" so I assume that this is also a problem with
>> more recent builds of Windows PHP versions.
>>

> Thanks for the search. It is a pity that it hasn't been resolved since 2007.
> Seems like the win32 binaries of PHP are not considered that much despite
> the fact that the use of PHP is getting higher with the last versions of
> IIS. I suppose I'll be obliged to use COM components within PHP to simulate
> this not so native feature.

See my comment in the bug report. SASL is not well supported by AD
either. I'm really not sure we can get SASL support in openldap client
libraries working well for Windows.

About the sqlserver support question, I strongly suggest to use the
Microsoft SqlSrv driver instead. It is much more stable, works with
all active PHP versions and supports all authentification methods you
can have with the native sqlserver drivers on windows.

Cheers.
--
Pierre