From: Bruno CHALOPIN on
Hello everyone

Does anyone know how to use SASL within LDAP on php 5.2.13 or 5.3.2
(copying libsasl.dll in the PATH doesn't work) ? Do I mandatory compile
PHP ?

Why php_mssql.dll and php_pdo_mssql.dll have disappeared from the lasts
windows packages of php 5.3.2 on windows.php.net ?

regards,

Bruno CHALOPIN
From: "Sascha Meyer" on
Hi Bruno,

Bruno wrote:
> Does anyone know how to use SASL within LDAP on php 5.2.13 or 5.3.2
> (copying libsasl.dll in the PATH doesn't work) ? Do I mandatory compile
> PHP ?

You need to add your PHP directory to the path or copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll into a folder contained in your PATH. libsasl.dll has only been necessary for PHP versions < 4.3.0 [3].

> Why php_mssql.dll and php_pdo_mssql.dll have disappeared from the lasts
> windows packages of php 5.3.2 on windows.php.net ?

The MSSQL extension has been removed in PHP version 5.3 [1] because there is a new extension available from Microsoft called "SQL Server Driver for PHP" [2] and the support for the old extension has been dropped, same applies for the PDO MSSQL extension. The new extension is compatible to older and newer versions of SQL Server but requires a rewrite of your code to use the new extension.

[1] http://de2.php.net/manual/en/migration53.removed-extensions.php
[2] http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2005/en/us/php-driver.aspx
[3] http://www.php.net/manual/en/ldap.installation.php

Regards, Sascha
--
Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards,

Sascha Meyer
EE: http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_761556.html
ZCE: http://www.zend.com/en/yellow-pages#show-ClientCandidateID=ZEND011290

From: Bruno CHALOPIN on
Hi Sascha,

Thanks for your answer

Le 11/05/2010 15:46, Sascha Meyer a écrit :
> Hi Bruno,
>
> Bruno wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to use SASL within LDAP on php 5.2.13 or 5.3.2
>> (copying libsasl.dll in the PATH doesn't work) ? Do I mandatory compile
>> PHP ?
>
> You need to add your PHP directory to the path or copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll into a folder contained in your PATH. libsasl.dll has only been necessary for PHP versions< 4.3.0 [3].

These Dlls are une the php folder, which is contained in my PATH, but
"<?php echo (function_exists('ldap_sasl_bind')) ? 'true' : 'false'; ?>"
always write false.

>> Why php_mssql.dll and php_pdo_mssql.dll have disappeared from the lasts
>> windows packages of php 5.3.2 on windows.php.net ?
>
> The MSSQL extension has been removed in PHP version 5.3 [1] because there is a new extension available from Microsoft called "SQL Server Driver for PHP" [2] and the support for the old extension has been dropped, same applies for the PDO MSSQL extension. The new extension is compatible to older and newer versions of SQL Server but requires a rewrite of your code to use the new extension.

Didn't remember that, thanks.

Regards,

Bruno
From: "Sascha Meyer" on
Hi Bruno,

Bruno wrote:
> These Dlls are une the php folder, which is contained in my PATH, but
> "<?php echo (function_exists('ldap_sasl_bind')) ? 'true' : 'false'; ?>"
> always write false.

What does your phpinfo() say about LDAP support? Are the rest of the LDAP functions (ldap_connect(),ldap_bind()) available?

Regards,

Sascha

From: Bruno CHALOPIN on
Hi Sascha,

Le 11/05/2010 17:22, Sascha Meyer a écrit :

> What does your phpinfo() say about LDAP support? Are the rest of the LDAP functions (ldap_connect(),ldap_bind()) available?

My phpinfo() file says that the ldap extension is loaded and the rest of
the LDAP functions are working properly. It's only ldap_sasl_bind which
give me some problems.

Regards,

Bruno