From: Bruno CHALOPIN on
Hi Pierre,

2010/5/13 Pierre Joye <pierre.php(a)gmail.com>

> See my comment in the bug report. SASL is not well supported by AD
> either. I'm really not sure we can get SASL support in openldap client
> libraries working well for Windows.

The problem is that I have a client who's having an Active Directory which
require digest-md5 authentication.
And the only way I know how to do it is ldap_sasl_bind...

Regards,

Bruno
From: Pierre Joye on
hi Bruno,

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Bruno CHALOPIN
<bruno.chalopin(a)laposte.net> wrote:

>> See my comment in the bug report. SASL is not well supported by AD
>> either. I'm really not sure we can get SASL support in openldap client
>> libraries working well for Windows.
>
> The problem is that I have a client who's having an Active Directory which
> require digest-md5 authentication.
> And the only way I know how to do it is ldap_sasl_bind...

I added support for SASL to php 5.3's ldap (and trunk). It seems to
work well but I would appreciate if other would test it. I will upload
a DLL and post the URL here tomorrow so you can test it with your
configuration. Which PHP version do you? VC6 or VC9? ts/nts? (no 5.2
please :)

Cheers,
--
Pierre

From: Bruno CHALOPIN on
Hi Pierre,

sorry for my late response, I am currently in vacation in Singapore with low
access to internet.

2010/5/18 Pierre Joye <pierre.php(a)gmail.com>

> I added support for SASL to php 5.3's ldap (and trunk). It seems to
> work well but I would appreciate if other would test it. I will upload
> a DLL and post the URL here tomorrow so you can test it with your
> configuration. Which PHP version do you? VC6 or VC9? ts/nts? (no 5.2
> please :)

I don't understand "added support for SASL", it already exist in the source
code.
My customers use PHP under apache and IIS but we can start with apache VC6
ts for the tests.
I'll be back to work on 31/05 to begin the tests.

Regards,

Bruno
From: Pierre Joye on
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Bruno CHALOPIN
<bruno.chalopin(a)laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> sorry for my late response, I am currently in vacation in Singapore with low
> access to internet.
>
> 2010/5/18 Pierre Joye <pierre.php(a)gmail.com>
>>
>> I added support for SASL to php 5.3's ldap (and trunk). It seems to
>> work well but I would appreciate if other would test it. I will upload
>> a DLL and post the URL here tomorrow so you can test it with your
>> configuration. Which PHP version do you? VC6 or VC9? ts/nts? (no 5.2
>> please :)
>>

> I don't understand "added support for SASL", it already exist in the source
> code.

There is the PHP extension and there are the ldap libraries.

> My customers use PHP under apache and IIS but we can start with apache VC6
> ts for the tests.
> I'll be back to work on 31/05 to begin the tests.

IIS is just fine (5.3 VC9 nts).

Cheers,
--
Pierre