From: Tim Conway on

"Dowop" <Dowop(a)abc.com> wrote in message
> I'm on a Mac, using Quicken 2003. I have my own family file set up and
> using it sucessfully. I am now the treasurer of a small fraternal
> association. I need to set up another unique file. Is this possible
> withing the same computer? I'ved look at the Applicaitons folder and
> cannot see where, such things as, Accounts, Categories, etc. are
> stored. The new file will have it's own.

Yes. Your fraternal association file will be independent of your family
file. All the accounts, categories etc. will be separate and indigineous to
that file.

From: Andrew Rossmann on
article <060620100810419258%Dowop(a)abc.com>, Dowop(a)abc.com says...
> I'm on a Mac, using Quicken 2003. I have my own family file set up and
> using it sucessfully. I am now the treasurer of a small fraternal
> association. I need to set up another unique file. Is this possible
> withing the same computer? I'ved look at the Applicaitons folder and
> cannot see where, such things as, Accounts, Categories, etc. are
> stored. The new file will have it's own.

You should be able to do a File/New to create a separate file.

By default, I think Quicken opens that last used file, so you need to
File/Open the correct one as needed.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross
From: Han on
Andrew Rossmann <andysnewsreply(a)no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in

> By default, I think Quicken opens that last used file, so you need to
> File/Open the correct one as needed.

Caveat: I don't know the procedures/terminology for a Mac, but something
similar should exist.
IMNSHO it is much easier to make shortcuts (on the desktop) to the
respctive qdf files, and launching Q by "opening" these. You can make them
show different icons. No need to fiddle with the open menu.

--
Best regards
Han
From: Han on
Dowop <Dowop(a)abc.com> wrote in news:060620102050484448%Dowop(a)abc.com:

> In article <Xns9D8F6011767Fikkezelf(a)207.246.207.189>, Han
> <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote:
>
>> Andrew Rossmann <andysnewsreply(a)no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in
>>
>> > By default, I think Quicken opens that last used file, so you need
>> > to File/Open the correct one as needed.
>> >
>> Caveat: I don't know the procedures/terminology for a Mac, but
>> something similar should exist.
>> IMNSHO it is much easier to make shortcuts (on the desktop) to the
>> respctive qdf files, and launching Q by "opening" these. You can
>> make them show different icons. No need to fiddle with the open
>> menu.
>
> To all of you who responded, a great big THANK YOU! You've made my
> day.

It was a great day for me too (other reasons)! Thanks for getting back to
us!

--
Best regards
Han