From: John Pollard on
Investments
.. Resolved an issue where Quicken would sometimes record a Miscellaneous
Expense (MiscExp) transaction when accepting downloaded investment
transactions.

.. Fixed an issue where Quicken would crash from a security with a long
ticker symbol or name.

.. Resolved an issue where Day/Gain Loss would not calculate correctly in
some instances when subtotaling by Security.

File Management
.. Added the Find Files feature to the File Menu when a Quicken data file
is not open.

.. Fixed an issue where Quicken could not find your last opened file and
displayed the "New to Quicken" screen.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: David Arnstein on
In article <humea9$r28$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
John Pollard <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks John. You took the time to copy out the info from Intuit. Far
more pleasant to read than a bare URL.

>. Resolved an issue where Quicken would sometimes record a Miscellaneous
>Expense (MiscExp) transaction when accepting downloaded investment
>transactions.

My experience with this is that I would try to accept a downloaded
investment transaction and I would get the rogue MiscExp. The dollar
amount of the rogue MiscExp was always zero. Being stubborn, I would
click on the downloaded transaction four times (on average) and thus I
would get four rogue MiscExp items in my account register.

I have been using Quicken 2010 since it was published, but I have only
been seeing this error for about a month. Oh the mysteries of Quicken.
--
David Arnstein (00)
arnstein+usenet(a)pobox.com {{ }}
From: R. C. White on
Hi, John.

Thanks for that list. I haven't been offered R10 yet, but I'm doing an OSU
in the background as I type this. (Nope - didn't get it yet - maybe
tomorrow.)

> . Resolved an issue where Quicken would sometimes record a Miscellaneous
> Expense (MiscExp) transaction when accepting downloaded investment
> transactions.

Because of a very late tax return nearly 20 years ago, the IRS has required
Merrill Lynch to withhold income tax from my dividends ever since. Once or
twice I filed an updated W-9, but it seemed to have been lost somewhere.
Since the withheld tax amounts to only a few dollars a year, and helps
eliminate any possible penalty for failing to pay enough estimated taxes,
I've just let the withholding continue.

But every time Quicken downloads a dividend transaction from ML, it is
accompanied by a "MiscExp" transaction for that withheld tax! So I have a
Memorized Investment Transaction to record the tax as a Transfer to FIT
Prepaid. I record this entry first, BEFORE clicking on the downloaded
transaction and Matching it to the transfer entry. It's a small extra
hassle but it works smoothly - unless I forget to record the transfer first;
if I forget, then I must delete the downloaded-and-accepted MiscExp entry
because Q won't let me simply Edit it to change it to a Transfer.

I don't know if this R10 update will change that situation - but I can hope,
can't I? ;^}

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: R. C. White on
Hi, John.

R10 arrived this morning and installed without incident. ;<)

Haven't noticed any differences yet - but haven't really done much yet,
either.

RC