From: Don on
Outlook has been running fine and now it stopped sending and receiving. I
can access the email account directly throught the internet (into the road
runner account) and my wifes email works fine from the same computer using
outolook. I deleted and added a new email acct in Outlook and still get the
same errors. I added my email account under my wife's sign in on the computer
and ran a test through outlook and it worked. Is outlook under my sign in
corrupt?

Message I get from outlook

Task 'pop-server.nc.rr.com - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook
is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue
to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet
service provider (ISP).'

Task 'pop-server.nc.rr.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) :
'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you
From: Peter Foldes on
That is a fault with your ISP. Have you called them and ask if their servers are having trouble or they are down

--
Peter

From: Don on
Thanks for the reply. If it is my ISP why does my wifes work from the same
computer and when I created my account under my wifes sign in it worked?

From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
What is your default send/receive interval? Try increasing it to at least
10 or 15 minutes to see if that helps.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Don asked:

From: Don on
Signed on this morning and outlook is working again. I did not change the
default send/receive interval, but will keep this for next time if the
problem occurs again. thanks

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> What is your default send/receive interval? Try increasing it to at least
> 10 or 15 minutes to see if that helps.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, Don asked:
>
> | Outlook has been running fine and now it stopped sending and
> | receiving. I can access the email account directly throught the
> | internet (into the road runner account) and my wifes email works fine
> | from the same computer using outolook. I deleted and added a new
> | email acct in Outlook and still get the same errors. I added my email
> | account under my wife's sign in on the computer and ran a test
> | through outlook and it worked. Is outlook under my sign in corrupt?
> |
> | Message I get from outlook
> |
> | Task 'pop-server.nc.rr.com - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) :
> | 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.
> | If you continue to receive this message, contact your server
> | administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
> |
> | Task 'pop-server.nc.rr.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) :
> | 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server.
> | If you continue to receive this message, contact your server
> | administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Pages: 1
Prev: Outlook 2003
Next: 550 Administrative Prohibition